How Jennifer Hudson's Fiance Saved Her Life
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Stephen Colbert Explains 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Role to Letterman (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:13:01 AM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is Ameri
In December, Jennifer Hudson sat down with NBC's Lester Holt for an exclusive "Dateline" interview, where the 30-year-old singer talked about everything from her dramatic weight loss to how her fiancé, David Otunga, saved her life.
Hudson recalled how she would have been in the house at the time her mother, brother and nephew were killed if it wasn't for a phone call from Otunga.
"I remember it like yesterday," she said. "And I was literally pickin' up my bags to walk out the door to go to my mother's house. And he called me, like, 'Can you come out here instead of going, you know?' And I was like, 'OK, sure.' And that one decision, that one thing, I wouldn't be sittin' here."
Hudson also got candid about her weight loss.
"I was much heavier growing up. I was wearing, like size 22s or 24s and things like that," Hudson said.
In fact, her book, "I Got This," touches on her constant weight struggle, which she's overcome through diet, exercise and a positive attitude.
"That's just how I look at things. Instead of second-guessing myself or doubting things, or even defeating myself before I even try. That's where this came from. You know what -- 'I Got This.' That's why I wrote this book. It's like I wanna be that voice cheering others on you know. And if I got this, you got it too," she said.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite