Jada Pinkett Smith - 'I Gave Up Being A Rock Star For My Family'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Uptown Magazine/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/AFF/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Fox News Launching Noon Panel Show 'Outnumbered'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:50:00 PM
- Ratings: Fargo Gets Off to OK Start; S.H.I.E.L.D. UpMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:44:00 PM
- Google Earnings Up From Last Q1, But Falls Shy of ForecastsMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:39:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' End Credits to Feature 'X-Men: Days of Future PastMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:52:00 PM
- American Idol's Malaya Watson Explains Why She Almost Didn't AuditionMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Fox News Launching Noon Panel Show 'Outnumbered'
Jada Pinkett Smith has a fabulous life with husband Will Smith and their beautiful and famous family, but the television star recently revealed that she had to make some difficult personal and career sacrifices along the way.
In the August issue of Redbook Magazine, Jada explains how she put motherhood ahead of her rock star dreams.
"I had to make choices," she tells the women's magazine. "Believe me, I would still be on the road with my band Wicked Wisdom, and making as many movies as I can a year, and doing all sort of things if I didn't have the responsibility of a family."
The devoted mother of two, who turned down the chance to tour with Guns & Roses when her son, Jaden, was auditioning for "Pursuit Of Happiness," adds: "But I have children with their own talents and dreams, and I know I have to be standing next to them for that journey.”
And, while most Hollywood parents have fears about raising their kids in the not-quite-average town, Jada is only relieved that Jaden and daughter Willow don't have to grow up the way she and Will did "in a house with drugs in a war zone."
"It still makes me nervous that they're part of something that isn't totally real," she admits, "but it's up to Will and me to teach them what's real and what's not."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite