Jada Pinkett Smith - 'I Gave Up Being A Rock Star For My Family'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Uptown Magazine/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/AFF/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Anthea Simms/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Jada Pinkett Smith has a fabulous life with husband Will Smith and their beautiful and famous family, but the television star recently revealed that she had to make some difficult personal and career sacrifices along the way.
In the August issue of Redbook Magazine, Jada explains how she put motherhood ahead of her rock star dreams.
"I had to make choices," she tells the women's magazine. "Believe me, I would still be on the road with my band Wicked Wisdom, and making as many movies as I can a year, and doing all sort of things if I didn't have the responsibility of a family."
The devoted mother of two, who turned down the chance to tour with Guns & Roses when her son, Jaden, was auditioning for "Pursuit Of Happiness," adds: "But I have children with their own talents and dreams, and I know I have to be standing next to them for that journey.”
And, while most Hollywood parents have fears about raising their kids in the not-quite-average town, Jada is only relieved that Jaden and daughter Willow don't have to grow up the way she and Will did "in a house with drugs in a war zone."
"It still makes me nervous that they're part of something that isn't totally real," she admits, "but it's up to Will and me to teach them what's real and what's not."
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite