Jamie Lynn Spears Was Too 'Scared' to Ask for Birth ControlRelated: Celeb Gloss, Britney Spears
- Photo: Brian Finke/Glamour1 of 8
When she became pregnant age 16 while starring on "Zoey 101" in 2007, Jamie Lynn Spears left Hollywood to raise her daughter in her hometown in Louisiana. After over five years out of the spotlight -- and on the eve of her 21st birthday -- Britney Spears' younger sister is ready to return to Hollywood as a singer-songwriter. She opens up to Glamour about why she wasn't taking birth control, how she'll always love her daughter's father, and how she bonds with Britney over motherhood.
On her early pregnancy:
"It was 2007. I had been on a Nickelodeon show, 'Zoey 101,' and after we wrapped shooting, I just wanted to go home to Louisiana and finish high school, be a cheerleader, all that. Then I found out I was pregnant [by then-boyfriend Casey Aldridge]. I was 16. I'd had one boyfriend. It doesn't make it perfect or all right. But I was judged for something that probably most everyone does. I was young. I was in love. I was like every other teenager, except I had this last name. And I made a decision that is forever my decision."
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite