Janet Jackson's Attorney Demands Vanity Fair Retraction
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Garcia/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle Ride
Janet Jackson's lawyer is demanding a retraction from Vanity Fair over a report which suggested the singer delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Male Stars Who Went Under The Knife
Lawyer Blair G. Brown has slammed claims printed in the November (12) issue that Janet held up the burial in 2009 while waiting to be repaid the $40,000 (£25,000) she gave to cemetery bosses as a deposit for a burial plot.
In a letter to Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, Brown insists the story, which was an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," is "untrue" and "outrageous."
Brown writes, "This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family."
The attorney goes on to brand the article "replete with additional false and defamatory statements" regarding Janet, and demands a retraction.
Michael Jackson was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California on Sept. 3, 2009, more than two months after his death.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite