Janet Jackson's Attorney Demands Vanity Fair Retraction
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Garcia/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Janet Jackson's lawyer is demanding a retraction from Vanity Fair over a report which suggested the singer delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Male Stars Who Went Under The Knife
Lawyer Blair G. Brown has slammed claims printed in the November (12) issue that Janet held up the burial in 2009 while waiting to be repaid the $40,000 (£25,000) she gave to cemetery bosses as a deposit for a burial plot.
In a letter to Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, Brown insists the story, which was an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," is "untrue" and "outrageous."
Brown writes, "This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family."
The attorney goes on to brand the article "replete with additional false and defamatory statements" regarding Janet, and demands a retraction.
Michael Jackson was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California on Sept. 3, 2009, more than two months after his death.
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite