Janet Jackson's Attorney Demands Vanity Fair Retraction
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Garcia/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Janet Jackson's lawyer is demanding a retraction from Vanity Fair over a report which suggested the singer delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Male Stars Who Went Under The Knife
Lawyer Blair G. Brown has slammed claims printed in the November (12) issue that Janet held up the burial in 2009 while waiting to be repaid the $40,000 (£25,000) she gave to cemetery bosses as a deposit for a burial plot.
In a letter to Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, Brown insists the story, which was an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," is "untrue" and "outrageous."
Brown writes, "This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family."
The attorney goes on to brand the article "replete with additional false and defamatory statements" regarding Janet, and demands a retraction.
Michael Jackson was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California on Sept. 3, 2009, more than two months after his death.
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite