Janet Jackson's Attorney Demands Vanity Fair Retraction
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Garcia/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a WinMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'
Janet Jackson's lawyer is demanding a retraction from Vanity Fair over a report which suggested the singer delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Male Stars Who Went Under The Knife
Lawyer Blair G. Brown has slammed claims printed in the November (12) issue that Janet held up the burial in 2009 while waiting to be repaid the $40,000 (£25,000) she gave to cemetery bosses as a deposit for a burial plot.
In a letter to Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, Brown insists the story, which was an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," is "untrue" and "outrageous."
Brown writes, "This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family."
The attorney goes on to brand the article "replete with additional false and defamatory statements" regarding Janet, and demands a retraction.
Michael Jackson was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California on Sept. 3, 2009, more than two months after his death.
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite