Janet Jackson Denies Delaying Michael's Burial
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: AWOUT DAVID PHILLIP/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NutriSystem/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Rocco Laspata/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Janet Jackson's lawyer has dismissed "outrageous" allegations suggesting the star delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Jacksons Say Estate Executors Harming the Family
The "Thriller" singer died on June 25, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest brought on by an overdose of anesthetic Propofol. He was publicly remembered at a memorial the following month before a private burial took place in early September 2009.
Editors at Vanity Fair alleged this week that Janet had delayed her sibling's funeral over money owed relating to the burial plot deposit. The article appeared on the magazine's website on Thursday and contained excerpts from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," but the R&B singer's lawyer has moved swiftly to deny the report.
In a statement, obtained by ETOnline.com, Graydon Carter writes, "To falsely accuse Ms. Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. Ms. Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way.
"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms. Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite