Janet Jackson Denies Delaying Michael's Burial
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: AWOUT DAVID PHILLIP/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NutriSystem/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Rocco Laspata/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Janet Jackson's lawyer has dismissed "outrageous" allegations suggesting the star delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Jacksons Say Estate Executors Harming the Family
The "Thriller" singer died on June 25, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest brought on by an overdose of anesthetic Propofol. He was publicly remembered at a memorial the following month before a private burial took place in early September 2009.
Editors at Vanity Fair alleged this week that Janet had delayed her sibling's funeral over money owed relating to the burial plot deposit. The article appeared on the magazine's website on Thursday and contained excerpts from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," but the R&B singer's lawyer has moved swiftly to deny the report.
In a statement, obtained by ETOnline.com, Graydon Carter writes, "To falsely accuse Ms. Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. Ms. Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way.
"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms. Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite