Janet Jackson Denies Delaying Michael's Burial
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: AWOUT DAVID PHILLIP/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NutriSystem/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Rocco Laspata/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Janet Jackson's lawyer has dismissed "outrageous" allegations suggesting the star delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Jacksons Say Estate Executors Harming the Family
The "Thriller" singer died on June 25, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest brought on by an overdose of anesthetic Propofol. He was publicly remembered at a memorial the following month before a private burial took place in early September 2009.
Editors at Vanity Fair alleged this week that Janet had delayed her sibling's funeral over money owed relating to the burial plot deposit. The article appeared on the magazine's website on Thursday and contained excerpts from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," but the R&B singer's lawyer has moved swiftly to deny the report.
In a statement, obtained by ETOnline.com, Graydon Carter writes, "To falsely accuse Ms. Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. Ms. Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way.
"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms. Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrettiest Ladies
From Crowd Ignite