Janet Jackson engaged to Wissam Al Mana: How they fell in loveRelated: Janet Jackson
- Photo: WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: LTA/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
Now that's the way love goes!
Janet Jackson's recent engagement to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana -- Us Weekly broke the news on Dec. 26 -- may have flown under the radar for a few months, but neither the singer nor the businessman have been shy about their affection for one another over the years.
The pair, who met at a hotel opening in Dubai in April 2010, have traveled the world throughout their courtship, and even opened up to Harper’s Bazaar Arabia late last year about their relationship.
"I'm fortunate enough to be dating my dream woman," Al Mana, 37, told the magazine last November.
"I'm getting older and I feel more settled," Jackson agreed. "We have a deep bond, a deep connection."
The 46-year-old singer and her beau, who plan to tie the knot in Qatar next spring, first fell in love in the summer of 2010, when the pair took a trip to Sardinia that included swims at the hotel pool, three yacht trips and several dinners in their premium suite.
"They were fairly inconspicuous," an eyewitness told Us Weekly at the time. "Just like any of the other dozens of couples at the hotel. She hung onto his arm when they walked through the lobby in the morning and he kissed her on the head after lunch. They seemed very tender with each other."
Sources close to Al Mana -- who goes by the nickname "Sam" -- knew he was falling fast as early as that July.
"Sam's well-known on the VIP scene in Dubai, but he's not a playboy, he's a good man," the source told Us. "If he's traveling with Janet then it's serious. He's rarely had serious relationships so publicly. …He's just a man of religion and morals."
Al Mana's father is the founder and owner of the Almana Group, a Qatar-based luxury lifestyle enterprise that works with companies in industries as diverse as luxury cars and food services.
The wealthy businessman currently heads the family business' fashion portfolios.
Jackson was previously linked to producer Jermaine Dupri. The pair dated for seven years before calling it quits in 2009.
"We're there for one another," the singer said of their relationship in a radio interview for Atlanta's "The Bert Show." "I think it will remain that way for the rest of my life."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
- Maria Menounos -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Adriana Lima -- Wonderview
- 'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro -- Wonderview
- Gavin DeGraw -- Wonderview
- Sean Lowe -- Wonderview
- Jonathan Lipnicki -- Wonderview
- Rob Kardashian -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Miranda Kerr
- Wonderview -- Brandi Glanville
- Brad Goreski -- Wonderview
- Holly Madison -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Anne Heche
- Farrah Abraham Wonderview
- Kat Graham Wonderview
- Wonderview: Shannen Doherty
- Dita Von Teese Wonderview
- Rachel Dratch Wonderview
- Wonderview: Keenan Cahill
- Adrian Grenier Wonderview
- Sammi Sweetheart -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Tracey Gold -- Wonderview
- Taye Diggs -- Wonderview
- Adrienne Maloof and Dr. Paul Nassif -- Wonderview
- Jodie Sweetin and Dave Coulier -- Wonderview
- Jill Zarin -- Wonderview
- Bridget Marquardt -- Wonderview
- Avril Lavigne -- Wonderview
- Harry Shum Jr. -- Wonderview
- Olivia Munn -- Wonderview
- Mayim Bialik -- Wonderview
- Moby -- Wonderview
- Ahna O'Reilly -- Wonderview
- Michelle Williams -- Wonderview
- Pauly Shore -- Wonderview
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite