- Photo: NutriSystem/.1 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: WENN11 of 13
- Photo: WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
It's hard to believe that just six years ago, Janet Jackson weighed 180 pounds.
At 5-foot-4, the "Rhythm Nation" singer had struggled to maintain a healthy weight for most of her career -- until she joined the Nutrisystem program in late 2011.
"People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire," Jackson, 45, tells Us Weekly. "It's about keeping it off. We can all lose weight, but learning how to keep it off -- maintaining it -- is what's difficult. Nutrisystem teaches you how to do that."
Jackson doesn't have a goal weight in mind, though "there was a time in my life where I did live by the scale," she admits.
Part of the reason Jackson decided to represent the Nutrisystem brand is because she still gets to eat her favorite foods. "The snacks are incredible. The cookies, the cakes, the brownies -- I love the chips!"
"You don't have to deprive yourself of things that you love, and that's what's so great about Nutrisystem," she explains. "I eat the some of these things and you think to yourself, 'Oh, I shouldn't be having this!' because it's so good!"
The multiplatinum singer also exercises regularly with trainer Tony Martinez in order to achieve faster, more noticeable results.
"Right now, I love running, so I've been doing a lot of running," Jackson tells Us. "I can't take someone yelling in my ear bootcamp style. ... He knows he needs to mix it up and make it different every day. He makes sure it's not boring because then I won't want to do it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite