- Photo: NutriSystem/.1 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: WENN11 of 13
- Photo: WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
It's hard to believe that just six years ago, Janet Jackson weighed 180 pounds.
At 5-foot-4, the "Rhythm Nation" singer had struggled to maintain a healthy weight for most of her career -- until she joined the Nutrisystem program in late 2011.
"People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire," Jackson, 45, tells Us Weekly. "It's about keeping it off. We can all lose weight, but learning how to keep it off -- maintaining it -- is what's difficult. Nutrisystem teaches you how to do that."
Jackson doesn't have a goal weight in mind, though "there was a time in my life where I did live by the scale," she admits.
Part of the reason Jackson decided to represent the Nutrisystem brand is because she still gets to eat her favorite foods. "The snacks are incredible. The cookies, the cakes, the brownies -- I love the chips!"
"You don't have to deprive yourself of things that you love, and that's what's so great about Nutrisystem," she explains. "I eat the some of these things and you think to yourself, 'Oh, I shouldn't be having this!' because it's so good!"
The multiplatinum singer also exercises regularly with trainer Tony Martinez in order to achieve faster, more noticeable results.
"Right now, I love running, so I've been doing a lot of running," Jackson tells Us. "I can't take someone yelling in my ear bootcamp style. ... He knows he needs to mix it up and make it different every day. He makes sure it's not boring because then I won't want to do it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite