Janet Jackson: How I Got Thin
- Photo: NutriSystem/.1 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: WENN11 of 13
- Photo: WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After Hospitalization
It's hard to believe that just six years ago, Janet Jackson weighed 180 pounds.
At 5-foot-4, the "Rhythm Nation" singer had struggled to maintain a healthy weight for most of her career -- until she joined the Nutrisystem program in late 2011.
"People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire," Jackson, 45, tells Us Weekly. "It's about keeping it off. We can all lose weight, but learning how to keep it off -- maintaining it -- is what's difficult. Nutrisystem teaches you how to do that."
Jackson doesn't have a goal weight in mind, though "there was a time in my life where I did live by the scale," she admits.
Part of the reason Jackson decided to represent the Nutrisystem brand is because she still gets to eat her favorite foods. "The snacks are incredible. The cookies, the cakes, the brownies -- I love the chips!"
"You don't have to deprive yourself of things that you love, and that's what's so great about Nutrisystem," she explains. "I eat the some of these things and you think to yourself, 'Oh, I shouldn't be having this!' because it's so good!"
The multiplatinum singer also exercises regularly with trainer Tony Martinez in order to achieve faster, more noticeable results.
"Right now, I love running, so I've been doing a lot of running," Jackson tells Us. "I can't take someone yelling in my ear bootcamp style. ... He knows he needs to mix it up and make it different every day. He makes sure it's not boring because then I won't want to do it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite