Janet Jackson: How I Got Thin
- Photo: NutriSystem/.1 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Promotional7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: WENN11 of 13
- Photo: WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best T
It's hard to believe that just six years ago, Janet Jackson weighed 180 pounds.
At 5-foot-4, the "Rhythm Nation" singer had struggled to maintain a healthy weight for most of her career -- until she joined the Nutrisystem program in late 2011.
"People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire," Jackson, 45, tells Us Weekly. "It's about keeping it off. We can all lose weight, but learning how to keep it off -- maintaining it -- is what's difficult. Nutrisystem teaches you how to do that."
Jackson doesn't have a goal weight in mind, though "there was a time in my life where I did live by the scale," she admits.
Part of the reason Jackson decided to represent the Nutrisystem brand is because she still gets to eat her favorite foods. "The snacks are incredible. The cookies, the cakes, the brownies -- I love the chips!"
"You don't have to deprive yourself of things that you love, and that's what's so great about Nutrisystem," she explains. "I eat the some of these things and you think to yourself, 'Oh, I shouldn't be having this!' because it's so good!"
The multiplatinum singer also exercises regularly with trainer Tony Martinez in order to achieve faster, more noticeable results.
"Right now, I love running, so I've been doing a lot of running," Jackson tells Us. "I can't take someone yelling in my ear bootcamp style. ... He knows he needs to mix it up and make it different every day. He makes sure it's not boring because then I won't want to do it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite