Janet Jackson On Whitney's Death: 'I Don't Want To Believe It'
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: NC1/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
By RadarOnline Editorial Team
"I couldn't believe it. Immediately I started shaking. I was trying to text everyone that I knew to let them know and I was speechless. I could not believe it," Janet told Anderson Cooper during an interview for his show, Anderson. "I was home, here. I just so happened to be watching TV and I saw this newsflash and I still can't believe it when I hear them paying tribute to her on the radio, it's still such a shock to me. I don't want to believe it."
Janet refers to Whitney a "sweet, sweet soul" and says the two were particularly close in the 80's and 90's.
"She was such a sweet, sweet soul. Especially back in early 80s and early 90s is when I connected with Whitney the most. It doesn't matter if we were doing an awards show. We would always take the time out to find one another," Janet said. "Either she'd come to my dressing room to say hey and I'd be in makeup or I'd find her in her dressing room to say hey, we always found time to talk to one another. She was such a sweet soul."
And now that Whitney is gone, it's her 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina that is at the center of attention, with friends and family concerned for her well-being and how she's going to handle the loss of her mother.
"It's a very very tough time. Even though it's still a loss ... I lost my brother, she lost her mother. There's still a difference, even though there's still a loss to a family, I don't know what that's like being so young. It was hard for me. It was very very difficult for me. I didn't want to accept it, it's very difficult," Janet told Anderson. "You have to come to terms at some point…you have to actually give it up to God and it sounds so mean but you have to move on. You can't hold onto that because it can be very devastating. Sometimes therapy is the best thing.
"You figure out a way to move on. It's always right here. There's never a day, not one day has gone by where I don't think about my brother and my other brothers and sisters say the same thing."
Interesting side note: Before Bobby Brown married Whitney, he dated Janet.
You can catch Janet's full interview with Anderson when the interview airs on Feb. 20.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON RADAR:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite