Janet Jackson On Whitney's Death: 'I Don't Want To Believe It'
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: NC1/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:59:00 AM
- LA attorney faces suspension over doctored photosMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:17 AM
- Peter Dinklage to Star in Crime Thriller 'The Thicket'MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Cuban salsa singer split between island and USMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:46:45 AM
- Competency hearing slated for boy in artist deathMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 10:41:47 AM
- 50 Countries Enter Oscar Foreign Language Race: The Complete List (So Far)
By RadarOnline Editorial Team
"I couldn't believe it. Immediately I started shaking. I was trying to text everyone that I knew to let them know and I was speechless. I could not believe it," Janet told Anderson Cooper during an interview for his show, Anderson. "I was home, here. I just so happened to be watching TV and I saw this newsflash and I still can't believe it when I hear them paying tribute to her on the radio, it's still such a shock to me. I don't want to believe it."
Janet refers to Whitney a "sweet, sweet soul" and says the two were particularly close in the 80's and 90's.
"She was such a sweet, sweet soul. Especially back in early 80s and early 90s is when I connected with Whitney the most. It doesn't matter if we were doing an awards show. We would always take the time out to find one another," Janet said. "Either she'd come to my dressing room to say hey and I'd be in makeup or I'd find her in her dressing room to say hey, we always found time to talk to one another. She was such a sweet soul."
And now that Whitney is gone, it's her 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina that is at the center of attention, with friends and family concerned for her well-being and how she's going to handle the loss of her mother.
"It's a very very tough time. Even though it's still a loss ... I lost my brother, she lost her mother. There's still a difference, even though there's still a loss to a family, I don't know what that's like being so young. It was hard for me. It was very very difficult for me. I didn't want to accept it, it's very difficult," Janet told Anderson. "You have to come to terms at some point…you have to actually give it up to God and it sounds so mean but you have to move on. You can't hold onto that because it can be very devastating. Sometimes therapy is the best thing.
"You figure out a way to move on. It's always right here. There's never a day, not one day has gone by where I don't think about my brother and my other brothers and sisters say the same thing."
Interesting side note: Before Bobby Brown married Whitney, he dated Janet.
You can catch Janet's full interview with Anderson when the interview airs on Feb. 20.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON RADAR:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite