Janet Jackson On Whitney's Death: 'I Don't Want To Believe It'Related: Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/AP5 of 15
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/AP6 of 15
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/AP7 of 15
- Photo: NC1/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/AP9 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
"I couldn't believe it. Immediately I started shaking. I was trying to text everyone that I knew to let them know and I was speechless. I could not believe it," Janet told Anderson Cooper during an interview for his show, Anderson. "I was home, here. I just so happened to be watching TV and I saw this newsflash and I still can't believe it when I hear them paying tribute to her on the radio, it's still such a shock to me. I don't want to believe it."
Janet refers to Whitney a "sweet, sweet soul" and says the two were particularly close in the 80's and 90's.
"She was such a sweet, sweet soul. Especially back in early 80s and early 90s is when I connected with Whitney the most. It doesn't matter if we were doing an awards show. We would always take the time out to find one another," Janet said. "Either she'd come to my dressing room to say hey and I'd be in makeup or I'd find her in her dressing room to say hey, we always found time to talk to one another. She was such a sweet soul."
And now that Whitney is gone, it's her 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina that is at the center of attention, with friends and family concerned for her well-being and how she's going to handle the loss of her mother.
"It's a very very tough time. Even though it's still a loss ... I lost my brother, she lost her mother. There's still a difference, even though there's still a loss to a family, I don't know what that's like being so young. It was hard for me. It was very very difficult for me. I didn't want to accept it, it's very difficult," Janet told Anderson. "You have to come to terms at some point…you have to actually give it up to God and it sounds so mean but you have to move on. You can't hold onto that because it can be very devastating. Sometimes therapy is the best thing.
"You figure out a way to move on. It's always right here. There's never a day, not one day has gone by where I don't think about my brother and my other brothers and sisters say the same thing."
Interesting side note: Before Bobby Brown married Whitney, he dated Janet.
You can catch Janet's full interview with Anderson when the interview airs on Feb. 20.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON RADAR:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite