Janet Jackson: People Can Relate to My Weight Struggles
- Photo: LTA/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Promotional2 of 19
- Photo: Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Emile Wamsteker/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Brahnimir Kvartuc/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: A&M/Promotional12 of 19
- Photo: LTA/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: WENN16 of 19
- Photo: WENN17 of 19
- Photo: WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Janet Jackson's fans have loved her through thick and thin!
The 45-year-old singer and Nutrisystem spokeswoman is famous for yo-yo dieting throughout her career.
"[My weight] is something I've dealt with all my life, and it's been an issue for me," she told Us Weekly. "People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire to and becoming unhealthy."
Although Jackson "[doesn't] want to put a number on [how many] pounds I want to lose or have lost," she says she feels good. "This is where I want to be."
"I still have a ways to go, and there's not a lot that I want to lose," she explained. "But I'll know it when I reach it."
Part of of the reason Jackson's weight has fluctuated? She's an emotional eater, she says. "When I'm down or really stressed, I eat because that's my comfort place," she said. "I've had a problem with my body image. So that's why it's really really important to get to where you really feel comfortable. You need to look at yourself and say, 'I like this, I feel good about this. I feel healthy, I feel strong, and this is where I want to be.'"
Jackson admitted the 2009 passing of her brother Michael had been stressful, but can "breathe a little better" now that the trial of his physician Conrad Murray is over. "It's been a difficult couple of years," she told Us. "And then I've been very, very busy on top of that."
"I have a little ways to go to get healthy and to feel the best that I know I can feel," she added. "I know I'm on my way to success."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite