Janet Jackson: People Can Relate to My Weight Struggles
- Photo: LTA/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Promotional2 of 19
- Photo: Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Emile Wamsteker/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Brahnimir Kvartuc/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: A&M/Promotional12 of 19
- Photo: LTA/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: WENN16 of 19
- Photo: WENN17 of 19
- Photo: WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Janet Jackson's fans have loved her through thick and thin!
The 45-year-old singer and Nutrisystem spokeswoman is famous for yo-yo dieting throughout her career.
"[My weight] is something I've dealt with all my life, and it's been an issue for me," she told Us Weekly. "People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it's like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire to and becoming unhealthy."
Although Jackson "[doesn't] want to put a number on [how many] pounds I want to lose or have lost," she says she feels good. "This is where I want to be."
"I still have a ways to go, and there's not a lot that I want to lose," she explained. "But I'll know it when I reach it."
Part of of the reason Jackson's weight has fluctuated? She's an emotional eater, she says. "When I'm down or really stressed, I eat because that's my comfort place," she said. "I've had a problem with my body image. So that's why it's really really important to get to where you really feel comfortable. You need to look at yourself and say, 'I like this, I feel good about this. I feel healthy, I feel strong, and this is where I want to be.'"
Jackson admitted the 2009 passing of her brother Michael had been stressful, but can "breathe a little better" now that the trial of his physician Conrad Murray is over. "It's been a difficult couple of years," she told Us. "And then I've been very, very busy on top of that."
"I have a little ways to go to get healthy and to feel the best that I know I can feel," she added. "I know I'm on my way to success."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite