- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: NutriSystem/.3 of 11
- Photo: Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP5 of 11
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Relativity, Weinstein Co. Negotiating to Acquire Troubled 'Jane Got a Gun'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:47:49 AM
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Reveals the Secrets of Building Florence (Exclusive VMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:19:27 AM
- Tim Curry 'Doing Great' After Suffering Major Stroke (Report)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:14:01 AM
- Ratings: Fox Wins With 'Hell's Kitchen' as NBC's 'Save MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 9:45:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 1:18 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 9:40:51 AM
- Relativity, Weinstein Co. Negotiating to Acquire Troubled 'Jane Got a Gun'
In a new cover story for Prevention magazine, Janet Jackson explains why so many people relate to her as a weight loss role model and reveals that her past weight gains nearly made her diabetic.
"I think people really connect with the idea of someone who's gained and lost weight in a very public way, and also someone who's an emotional eater," Janet, the current spokeswoman for Nutrisystem, tells the July issue of Prevention.
Among foods the pop singer is most likely to turn to during "emotional triggers" involving boredom, sadness, frustration, stress and work, are sweets. "Chocolate, cake, caramel apples -- there aren't many things I don't love," she says.
Janet said her body image was not the only concern she had while packing on the pounds. "Health was always a concern. When I gained weight in 2005, my nutritionist was very worried. I was close to having diabetes. Even when I lost it [and] then gained quite a bit back, there was always the thought of heart disease."
She said one of her best pieces of advice regarding exercise is to always try to keep it fun. "I don't like to work out, and I get bored easily. Tony Martinez [her trainer] is great. When I'm getting ready for a tour, I'll work out with the dancers. He'll put us in teams and we'll do all sorts of drills and races."
The pop diva also spoke about setting an example for her niece Paris -- Michael Jackson's 14-year-old daughter -- who is set to star in her first movie role in the 2013 fantasy film "Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys."
"We've spoken about the fact that you're only a child once. I think there's a time for everything, and now is not the time [to act in films]," she said. "I told her I thought she should enjoy being a kid, possibly go to college -- or not -- but wait till she turns 18. She's a very tough, smart girl. But it's a cutthroat industry. I wouldn't want my child to do it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite