Jason Aldean files for divorce from Jessica Ussery after cheating scandal
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Amy Harris/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 15
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com11 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Wonderwall13 of 15
- Photo: Ryan Pavlov/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Tarantino's 'Hateful 8' Teaser Basically Just Lists Names of His CharacteMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:24:00 AM
- Jason Katims Developing Medical Drama for CBSMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:08:00 AM
- Dating Naked Contestant Sues VH1 for Airing Crotch ShotMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:05:00 AM
- 5 Freaky Facts From Fractured Summer Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:00:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Live Eviction: Julie Chen Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, HouseguestMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:21:00 AM
- Tarantino's 'Hateful 8' Teaser Basically Just Lists Names of His Characte
Just a summer shy of their 12th wedding anniversary, Jason Aldean and Jessica Ussery's marriage is over. Seven months after the father of two was caught kissing "American Idol" alum Brittany Kerr, the country crooner has officially filed for divorce, Us Weekly can confirm. According to papers filed in Tennessee on Friday, April 26 -- the same day Us reported that he and his wife had separated -- the reason for the split is "irreconcilable differences."
"This is a really tough time for my entire family," Aldean tells Us Weekly in a statement about the divorce. "Jessica and I have been together since we were teenagers. We've been through a lot of ups and downs over the years as we grew up together as a couple. She will always be important to me because she is the mother of my children, and I know that we will both always make our daughters our No. 1 priority."
"I've learned that everyone always rushes to judgment when they hear news like this," he continues. "That's really hard because no one knows anything about our relationship but us. I understand that because of my job, I have to go through a lot of this in the public eye, but for my girls' sake, I really wish people would give us some level of privacy and at the very least be respectful of them."
Together since high school, the soon-to-be exes initially pledged to do whatever it took to repair their marriage in the wake of Aldean's indiscretion. They even made a joint appearance on a November episode of CBS "This Morning" to show the world that they were sticking by one another.
"It hasn't always been roses," Aldean admitted of his relationship with Ussery, with whom he has two young daughters, Keeley, 10, and Kendyl, 5. "We've been together for a long time and through a lot of things together. Those are things that most people get to deal with in private, but we didn't have the luxury of doing that."
"Any couple that's been married for 30, 40, 50 years" faces make-or-break moments, he added.
Alas, it appears the "Don't You Wanna Stay" singer's mistake was a "breaking" moment. Us Weekly first broke the news of the couple's separation last week, though a source told Us the high school sweethearts had actually separated back in January, three months after Aldean's cheating scandal. "There were obvious problems before the bar kiss, but he finally left earlier this year," the insider said, noting that Ussery didn't attend the ACM Awards with her husband in April.
A rep for Aldean confirmed that the spouses were going through a rough spot. "I can confirm that Jason and his wife are having problems, but there is nothing more to share at this time," the rep told Us. "It's a private family matter, and we hope everyone will respect that he would like to keep it that way."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite