Jay-Z, partners accused of stiffing logo designer
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America2 of 17
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: HD1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City clothing designer says Jay-Z and his former Roc-A-Fella record label partners owe him $7 million in unpaid royalties for designing their label logo.
Dwayne Walker said in a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court on Thursday that he created the Roc-A-Fella design.
RELATED: Photos: 2012 BET Awards
The lawsuit says the Bronx designer came up with the logo in 1995 when Roc-A-Fella was just starting out. The label is now a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
The logo features the letter R, a record and a Champagne bottle.
The Daily News says Jay-Z's publicist did not respond to messages seeking comment.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite