Jay-Z, partners accused of stiffing logo designer
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America2 of 17
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: HD1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:21:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC and Fox Tie on Labor DayMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:04:00 AM
- Spike TV Names 'Crossbones' Producer Ted Gold as SVP, Scripted Original SeriesMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:36:00 AM
- US Journalist Steven Sotloff Beheaded by ISIS in New Video (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:34:00 AM
- Ceelo Green Accused of Tweeting: 'People Who Have Really Been Raped REMEMBER!!!'MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 9:09:00 AM
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City clothing designer says Jay-Z and his former Roc-A-Fella record label partners owe him $7 million in unpaid royalties for designing their label logo.
Dwayne Walker said in a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court on Thursday that he created the Roc-A-Fella design.
RELATED: Photos: 2012 BET Awards
The lawsuit says the Bronx designer came up with the logo in 1995 when Roc-A-Fella was just starting out. The label is now a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
The logo features the letter R, a record and a Champagne bottle.
The Daily News says Jay-Z's publicist did not respond to messages seeking comment.
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite