Jay-Z Steps Out, Without Beyonce, for First Time Since Blue Ivy's Birth
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Al Powers/PowersImagery.com/.6 of 10
- Photo: Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: JM5/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are working on their honeymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
Blue Ivy's daddy is ready to party!
On Wednesday, Jay-Z was the man of the night at the grand re-opening of his New York club, 40/40. In his first public appearance since wife Beyonce gave birth to daughter Blue Ivy on Jan. 7, the 42-year-old rapper (real name: Shawn Carter) was bum-rushed by reporters, photographers and well-wishers on the red carpet.
"Hi everybody!" the "Glory" rapper said amidst the melee. When the crowd congratulated him on Blue Ivy's birth, he replied with a "thank you" and a huge smile. Still recuperating from delivering Blue at an "executive suite" at Lenox Hill Hospital, his wife of three years Beyonce, 30, skipped the night out.
Once inside the club, Jay-Z fielded a whole new crush of excited pals and fans wishing him well: Ashanti, Russell Simmons, Swizz Beatz, Selita Ebanks, even hard-partying billionaire Warren Buffett!
After parking himself by the upstairs bar, the rapper celebrated with shots of Patron and flutes of Ace of Spades champagne; throughout the night, he pulled out his phone and happily showed photos, presumably of his brand-new baby girl, to friends, who gave him and hugs and high-fives.
"Jay was beaming the whole time," an observer says.
Also at the bash, the hip-hop mogul's sister, Michelle, was overheard updating her own friends about her niece and sister-in-law. "Everyone is fine!"
No word yet on when Beyonce will make her first public appearance since becoming a mom.
After leaving 40/40 just past 1 a.m., the new dad continued the party at hotspot 1Oak in Manhattan's Meatpacking district. "He wasn't doing anything crazy," a source reports. "Just chilling, laughing, and talking."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite