Jay-Z Steps Out, Without Beyonce, for First Time Since Blue Ivy's Birth
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Al Powers/PowersImagery.com/.6 of 10
- Photo: Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: JM5/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In JuneMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:57:00 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Spins $47 Million in Overseas Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:55:00 AM
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, Subject of Oscar-Nominated Film, Dead at 76MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:26:00 AM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Rides Faith-Based Wave to Big Easter Score at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:13:00 AM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In June
Blue Ivy's daddy is ready to party!
On Wednesday, Jay-Z was the man of the night at the grand re-opening of his New York club, 40/40. In his first public appearance since wife Beyonce gave birth to daughter Blue Ivy on Jan. 7, the 42-year-old rapper (real name: Shawn Carter) was bum-rushed by reporters, photographers and well-wishers on the red carpet.
"Hi everybody!" the "Glory" rapper said amidst the melee. When the crowd congratulated him on Blue Ivy's birth, he replied with a "thank you" and a huge smile. Still recuperating from delivering Blue at an "executive suite" at Lenox Hill Hospital, his wife of three years Beyonce, 30, skipped the night out.
Once inside the club, Jay-Z fielded a whole new crush of excited pals and fans wishing him well: Ashanti, Russell Simmons, Swizz Beatz, Selita Ebanks, even hard-partying billionaire Warren Buffett!
After parking himself by the upstairs bar, the rapper celebrated with shots of Patron and flutes of Ace of Spades champagne; throughout the night, he pulled out his phone and happily showed photos, presumably of his brand-new baby girl, to friends, who gave him and hugs and high-fives.
"Jay was beaming the whole time," an observer says.
Also at the bash, the hip-hop mogul's sister, Michelle, was overheard updating her own friends about her niece and sister-in-law. "Everyone is fine!"
No word yet on when Beyonce will make her first public appearance since becoming a mom.
After leaving 40/40 just past 1 a.m., the new dad continued the party at hotspot 1Oak in Manhattan's Meatpacking district. "He wasn't doing anything crazy," a source reports. "Just chilling, laughing, and talking."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite