Jay-Z Steps Out, Without Beyonce, for First Time Since Blue Ivy's Birth
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Al Powers/PowersImagery.com/.6 of 10
- Photo: Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: JM5/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Blue Ivy's daddy is ready to party!
On Wednesday, Jay-Z was the man of the night at the grand re-opening of his New York club, 40/40. In his first public appearance since wife Beyonce gave birth to daughter Blue Ivy on Jan. 7, the 42-year-old rapper (real name: Shawn Carter) was bum-rushed by reporters, photographers and well-wishers on the red carpet.
"Hi everybody!" the "Glory" rapper said amidst the melee. When the crowd congratulated him on Blue Ivy's birth, he replied with a "thank you" and a huge smile. Still recuperating from delivering Blue at an "executive suite" at Lenox Hill Hospital, his wife of three years Beyonce, 30, skipped the night out.
Once inside the club, Jay-Z fielded a whole new crush of excited pals and fans wishing him well: Ashanti, Russell Simmons, Swizz Beatz, Selita Ebanks, even hard-partying billionaire Warren Buffett!
After parking himself by the upstairs bar, the rapper celebrated with shots of Patron and flutes of Ace of Spades champagne; throughout the night, he pulled out his phone and happily showed photos, presumably of his brand-new baby girl, to friends, who gave him and hugs and high-fives.
"Jay was beaming the whole time," an observer says.
Also at the bash, the hip-hop mogul's sister, Michelle, was overheard updating her own friends about her niece and sister-in-law. "Everyone is fine!"
No word yet on when Beyonce will make her first public appearance since becoming a mom.
After leaving 40/40 just past 1 a.m., the new dad continued the party at hotspot 1Oak in Manhattan's Meatpacking district. "He wasn't doing anything crazy," a source reports. "Just chilling, laughing, and talking."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite