- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: Bill Kostroun/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Al Powers/PowersImagery.com/.8 of 16
- Photo: JM5/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 16
- Photo: JM5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kathy Willens/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Wenzelberg/NY Post/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Tim Curry 'Doing Great' After Suffering Major Stroke (Report)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:14:01 AM
- Ratings: Fox Wins With 'Hell's Kitchen' as NBC's 'Save MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 9:45:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 1:18 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 9:40:51 AM
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulationMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 9:11:35 AM
- The Art of Alzheimer'sMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 8:53:30 AM
- Tim Curry 'Doing Great' After Suffering Major Stroke (Report)
Jay-Z's various successes include sold-out concerts, singles that reach chart-topping success in days and the January birth of his daughter, Blue Ivy (with his wife, Beyonce Knowles). But one area that hasn't been so great for the star is his Rocawear clothing line.
The supermogul has decided to revamp the menswear line after a "rocky winter" where "Roc Apparel Group LLC laid off 28 of its 56 employees at its Manhattan headquarters," Women's Wear Daily reported Thursday.
The solution: a commercial with a big name.
Jay-Z, 42, is lending his A-list status and will star in the brand's first television campaign. Filmed in November, the spot will begin to air on outlets including MTV, BET and TNT, most prominently during NBA basketball games.
"Titled 'From Marcy to Madison Square,' the black-and-white spots track Jay-Z's rise from selling CDs out of the trunk of a car in the Marcy Projects of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, to headlining concerts at Madison Square Garden. The spot uses footage from Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' concert at MSG in November," WWD writes.
Other efforts to help the brand, which saw global sales dip with a $500 million loss, include expanding its children's clothing and international markets reach.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite