Jay Z wore an off-the-rack Givenchy tuxedo to the Met Gala 2014
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: FZS/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA3 of 12
- Photo: JD1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Kathy Willens/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America8 of 12
- Photo: Blue Flame/.9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America10 of 12
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'The Mummy' Reboot for UniversalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:09:00 PM
- John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's 'Trumbo' (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:51:00 PM
- The Best Life Lessons We Learned from Sex and the CityMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star-Lord Outfit?MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to Nashville
Saving the best decisions for last!
While some stars plan for months and endure multiple fittings for what they'll wear to the esteemed Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala, Jay Z made the call shortly before walking the red carpet on May 5.
"It was a last minute decision of his," his stylist, June Ambrose, told Us Weekly at the premiere of "The Immigrant" on May 6 in New York.
"Riccardo Tisci happened to be in the building, and he had a lot of white dinner jackets for men on standby," Ambrose told Us of his Givenchy Haute Couture look. The "Holy Grail" rapper opted for the white jacket with satin details. He paired the classic style with black pants, silver metal cufflinks, a black bow tie, and velvet derby shoes.
"It wasn't fitted or anything; it drove me insane," Ambrose said. "But he looks handsome in almost anything. I think that Jay Z likes to dress up."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite