Jay Z wore an off-the-rack Givenchy tuxedo to the Met Gala 2014
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: FZS/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA3 of 12
- Photo: JD1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Kathy Willens/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America8 of 12
- Photo: Blue Flame/.9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America10 of 12
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Noah' Directors on Transcending Their $300 Budget: TheWrap's Shortlist QMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 10:40:00 AM
- Josh Brolin Discusses 'The Goonies' Way More Than 'Sin City' on MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 9:52:00 AM
- MTV VMAs Parties Forecast: A Whisper in the WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 9:29:00 AM
- TNT Scores Network TV Rights to 'Hunger Games,' 'Divergent' FranMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 9:29:00 AM
- Ratings: 'SYTYCD' Hits New Low, 'AGT' Ties OneMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 9:10:00 AM
- 'Noah' Directors on Transcending Their $300 Budget: TheWrap's Shortlist Q
Saving the best decisions for last!
While some stars plan for months and endure multiple fittings for what they'll wear to the esteemed Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala, Jay Z made the call shortly before walking the red carpet on May 5.
"It was a last minute decision of his," his stylist, June Ambrose, told Us Weekly at the premiere of "The Immigrant" on May 6 in New York.
"Riccardo Tisci happened to be in the building, and he had a lot of white dinner jackets for men on standby," Ambrose told Us of his Givenchy Haute Couture look. The "Holy Grail" rapper opted for the white jacket with satin details. He paired the classic style with black pants, silver metal cufflinks, a black bow tie, and velvet derby shoes.
"It wasn't fitted or anything; it drove me insane," Ambrose said. "But he looks handsome in almost anything. I think that Jay Z likes to dress up."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite