Jennifer Lopez Recalls 'Panicking' Over Baby Emme's Health Scare
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News1 of 27
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News2 of 27
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News3 of 27
- Photo: Mike Jachles/Splash News4 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 27
- Photo: KADENA PIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin7 of 27
- Photo: EP - NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin8 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 27
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 27
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 27
- Photo: Dan MacMedan/WireImage12 of 27
- Photo: NC1/WENN13 of 27
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage14 of 27
- Photo: Splash/WireImage15 of 27
- Photo: Interscope/Promotional16 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN17 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures18 of 27
- Photo: John Spellman / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.19 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN20 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN21 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures22 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures23 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures24 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures25 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures26 of 27
More Celeb News
- Metro Los Angeles Removes 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads for 'Offensive LanguMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:44:00 PM
- 'Super 8's' Gabriel Basso Joins Tom Hanks in Meg Ryan's DirectorMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:29:00 PM
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as CEO of OracleMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:28:00 PM
- NFL Player Jonathan Dwyer Beat Wife and Son, According to PoliceMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:27:00 PM
- Adrian Peterson's Mother Defends Suspended NFL Star's Violent Discipline: &apoMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:24:00 PM
- Metro Los Angeles Removes 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads for 'Offensive Langu
Days after welcoming twins Emme and Max in February 2008, Jennifer Lopez discovered a mysterious lump on her little girl's head.
"I just remember that feeling, 'If something is wrong with that baby ... I'm gonna die,'" Lopez, 42, tells CNN's Alina Cho in a special airing of "Big Stars, Big Giving" (in a quote excerpted by the New York Post), next weekend.
The singer, actress and "American Idol" judge admits in the interview that she and husband Marc Anthony were initially at a complete loss.
"I remember looking at Marc and [thinking] we should call the doctor. ... I started panicking a little bit." Anthony, 43 (they announced their split this past July) was "panicking too," she recalls.
"We were thinking, 'Did somebody drop her when we weren't looking?' ... I just remember looking at him and saying if this baby, if Emme's not going to be OK ... I'm not going to be OK."
Latin crooner Anthony wasn't any calmer, she reveals. "He's like, 'I'm not going to be OK. None of us are going to be OK."
The duo then rushed little Emme to the hospital. "Luckily for us, it turned out OK," she reports.
But the scare inspired action in the star. "I was [thinking], like ... What if I didn't have access to great health care?" she ponders. "What if I was a mom just sitting there and there was something wrong with my baby and there was nothing I could do about it?"
The superstar couple then founded the Maribel Foundation -- named after Anthony's sister Maribel, who died of brain cancer at age 8 -- to provide pediatric care to those in need.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite