Jennifer Lopez Recalls 'Panicking' Over Baby Emme's Health ScareRelated: Jennifer Lopez
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News1 of 27
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News2 of 27
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News3 of 27
- Photo: Mike Jachles/Splash News4 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 27
- Photo: KADENA PIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin7 of 27
- Photo: EP - NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin8 of 27
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 27
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin10 of 27
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP11 of 27
- Photo: Dan MacMedan/WireImage12 of 27
- Photo: NC1/WENN13 of 27
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage14 of 27
- Photo: Splash/WireImage15 of 27
- Photo: Interscope/Promotional16 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN17 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures18 of 27
- Photo: John Spellman / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.19 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN20 of 27
- Photo: INB/WENN21 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures22 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures23 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures24 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures25 of 27
- Photo: Fame Pictures26 of 27
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Days after welcoming twins Emme and Max in February 2008, Jennifer Lopez discovered a mysterious lump on her little girl's head.
"I just remember that feeling, 'If something is wrong with that baby ... I'm gonna die,'" Lopez, 42, tells CNN's Alina Cho in a special airing of "Big Stars, Big Giving" (in a quote excerpted by the New York Post), next weekend.
The singer, actress and "American Idol" judge admits in the interview that she and husband Marc Anthony were initially at a complete loss.
"I remember looking at Marc and [thinking] we should call the doctor. ... I started panicking a little bit." Anthony, 43 (they announced their split this past July) was "panicking too," she recalls.
"We were thinking, 'Did somebody drop her when we weren't looking?' ... I just remember looking at him and saying if this baby, if Emme's not going to be OK ... I'm not going to be OK."
Latin crooner Anthony wasn't any calmer, she reveals. "He's like, 'I'm not going to be OK. None of us are going to be OK."
The duo then rushed little Emme to the hospital. "Luckily for us, it turned out OK," she reports.
But the scare inspired action in the star. "I was [thinking], like ... What if I didn't have access to great health care?" she ponders. "What if I was a mom just sitting there and there was something wrong with my baby and there was nothing I could do about it?"
The superstar couple then founded the Maribel Foundation -- named after Anthony's sister Maribel, who died of brain cancer at age 8 -- to provide pediatric care to those in need.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite