Jennifer Lopez's mom tutors her twins on tour
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Solarpix/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: mwl/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: STEPH / VISUAL Press Agency/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Tonya Wise/AdMedia/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: GRPR/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: JPVegas/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Honopix, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: ARIO GADE/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: Arnulfo Franco/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Jennifer Lopez asked her teacher mother, Guadaloupe, to accompany her on tour and tutor her four-year-old twins so they are best prepared for kindergarten next fall.
RELATED: Stars are nothing like us
The pop star is currently traveling across the globe with the kids as part of her Dance Again World Tour and she invited her mother and her cousin, Tiana Rios, to join her on the road and babysit them whenever she needed to rehearse.
And she got tutorial sessions thrown in for free in a bid to ensure that Max and Emme -- her twins with ex-husband Marc Anthony -- don't miss a step in their studies due to life on the road.
Lopez tells HollywoodLife.com, "My mom was a teacher for 20 years, first grade, kindergarten and phys ed, and so my mom gives them a lesson every day. They're on our schedule -- so they go to sleep late after the show, and they sleep late. They have to have 10 hours of sleep every night -- that (is) critical to prevent crankiness.
RELATED: Year in review: Celebritots
"When they get up, they have breakfast, and then they go in with my mom for their lesson."
The singer adds, "Even my own family questioned my decision to bring Max and Emme on tour. But being with me is so much better than not being with me and wondering where mommy is. ... They look at maps, they know the world is big, they've learned different bits of languages.
"When I have a day off, it's all for them, and if I can't go out, they still go with my mom or their Aunt Tiana. They sight-see. They get a lot more out of this tour of so many countries than I do. I see the hotel rooms, arenas and gyms."
RELATED: Will J.Lo marry Casper Smart?
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite