Jennifer Lopez's mom tutors her twins on tour
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Solarpix/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: mwl/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: STEPH / VISUAL Press Agency/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Tonya Wise/AdMedia/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: GRPR/GSI8 of 16
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 16
- Photo: JPVegas/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Honopix/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Honopix, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: ARIO GADE/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: Arnulfo Franco/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Jennifer Lopez asked her teacher mother, Guadaloupe, to accompany her on tour and tutor her four-year-old twins so they are best prepared for kindergarten next fall.
RELATED: Stars are nothing like us
The pop star is currently traveling across the globe with the kids as part of her Dance Again World Tour and she invited her mother and her cousin, Tiana Rios, to join her on the road and babysit them whenever she needed to rehearse.
And she got tutorial sessions thrown in for free in a bid to ensure that Max and Emme -- her twins with ex-husband Marc Anthony -- don't miss a step in their studies due to life on the road.
Lopez tells HollywoodLife.com, "My mom was a teacher for 20 years, first grade, kindergarten and phys ed, and so my mom gives them a lesson every day. They're on our schedule -- so they go to sleep late after the show, and they sleep late. They have to have 10 hours of sleep every night -- that (is) critical to prevent crankiness.
RELATED: Year in review: Celebritots
"When they get up, they have breakfast, and then they go in with my mom for their lesson."
The singer adds, "Even my own family questioned my decision to bring Max and Emme on tour. But being with me is so much better than not being with me and wondering where mommy is. ... They look at maps, they know the world is big, they've learned different bits of languages.
"When I have a day off, it's all for them, and if I can't go out, they still go with my mom or their Aunt Tiana. They sight-see. They get a lot more out of this tour of so many countries than I do. I see the hotel rooms, arenas and gyms."
RELATED: Will J.Lo marry Casper Smart?
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite