Jennifer Nettles shares photo of baby boy on Mother's Day
- Photo: Jennifer Nettles/.1 of 15
- Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Rick Diamond/Getty Images North America7 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/ACMA2011/Getty Images North America14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
The former Sugarland star also got candid about the transition into motherhood, thanking fans for their support and explaining that "the rhythm of my life is way different than the movement and pace before baby. In short, this baby is the boss of me."
She went on to say that Magnus (whose daddy is Nettles' husband, Justin Miller) began his "boss" career from inside the womb, where he stayed four weeks longer than he was supposed to.
Once he arrived, Nettles says she discovered that being a mom means learning new things about herself -- including just how painful it is not to get enough sleep.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
"There is a reason why sleep deprivation is one of the first stages of torture: You'll tell someone anything and they won't even have to touch you," she jokes. "'Mommy brain' is absolutely real as a result of your brain being deprived the sleep it needs to function normally. I was making a grocery list and said to my mom, "What's it called? A 'glass' of peanut butter?" She said kindly, 'No honey, it's a JAR!' Dear Lord! And so I am reveling in and hopefully gracefully fumbling through, this most beautiful, challenging, precious, sleep deprived time as a new mommy."
Nettles, 38, also shared the photo on Twitter, along with a holiday message: "So much love and joy on my first Mother's Day! A very Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas!"
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite