Jennifer Nettles shares photo of baby boy on Mother's Day
- Photo: Jennifer Nettles/.1 of 15
- Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Rick Diamond/Getty Images North America7 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com10 of 15
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Michael Buckner/ACMA2011/Getty Images North America14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- Reactions to 71st annual Golden Globe nominationsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:57:53 AM
- Golden Globes Nominations by the NumbersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:47:34 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter Low
The former Sugarland star also got candid about the transition into motherhood, thanking fans for their support and explaining that "the rhythm of my life is way different than the movement and pace before baby. In short, this baby is the boss of me."
She went on to say that Magnus (whose daddy is Nettles' husband, Justin Miller) began his "boss" career from inside the womb, where he stayed four weeks longer than he was supposed to.
Once he arrived, Nettles says she discovered that being a mom means learning new things about herself -- including just how painful it is not to get enough sleep.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
"There is a reason why sleep deprivation is one of the first stages of torture: You'll tell someone anything and they won't even have to touch you," she jokes. "'Mommy brain' is absolutely real as a result of your brain being deprived the sleep it needs to function normally. I was making a grocery list and said to my mom, "What's it called? A 'glass' of peanut butter?" She said kindly, 'No honey, it's a JAR!' Dear Lord! And so I am reveling in and hopefully gracefully fumbling through, this most beautiful, challenging, precious, sleep deprived time as a new mommy."
Nettles, 38, also shared the photo on Twitter, along with a holiday message: "So much love and joy on my first Mother's Day! A very Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas!"
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite