Jessica Simpson Speaks Out on Nick Lachey's Engagement
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Jerome Davis London Ent/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
But the singer, 30, sang a different tune on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show when asked for her reaction.
"I am extremely, extremely happy for him," she said in the interview, released Thursday morning. "I don't know where all those rumors came from. My mom actually called me and said that everyone was saying that I was 'saddened.' I was just in complete shock. I couldn't be more happy for Nick.
"Our relationship was over a really long time ago, and it would be nice if everyone could move on with us and really just celebrate the love between him and Vanessa [Minnillo]," she went on. "I do, and I really wish them nothing but the best"
Simpson says she's content with her beau, former NFL star Eric Johnson.
They'll celebrate Thanksgiving this year in New York: She's doing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
"My first New York Thanksgiving!" she says."I know his family's going to be with us on the float at the Macy's Day Parade, and my family will be there."
She says she'll likely return to her home state of Texas for Christmas.
Says the singer, "Having a boyfriend through the holidays, we're going to see how all that splits up."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite