Jessie J upset over false health reports
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.1 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Beretta Sims/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: LTA/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: @jessiejofficial/Twitter8 of 12
- Photo: Achmad Ibrahim/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
British singer Jessie J has hit out at false reports suggesting medics are closely monitoring her health amid fears she could suffer another stroke.
REALTED: Jessie and more celebs with bangs
Jessie J found herself in the headlines on Sunday after a U.K. tabloid reported family and friends are worried her busy schedule will take its toll on her health.
Editors at The Daily Star Sunday also suggested the pop star has been undergoing regular medical checks to prevent a stroke while appearing as a coach on U.K. version of "The Voice."
Jessie J has since taken to her Twitter.com page to set the record straight, assuring fans she is "happy and healthy".
RELATED: Jessie and more celebs acting funny
In a series of posts, she writes, "Can I be totally honest for a minute? I was in and out of hospital with real health scares my whole childhood. I have an irregular heartbeat I've had all my life & I suffered a minor stroke at 18...
"Then I go on 'The Voice UK' & stories are like boomerangs, the media tries to throw them away but just keep coming back. Lazy... It's an easy believable but untrue way the media works.
"But I will say this. My health is a very important part of my life & I don't take lightly to the media making a joke about it. I have made huge sacrifices to making sure my body and mind can deal with my life & I am happy, I am healthy & I am trying to make the UK proud."
RELATED: The latest celeb TwitPics
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite