Joe Jonas: I Will 'Be There' for Demi Lovato
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/GettyImages.com5 of 7
- Photo: Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
In an exclusive interview from People.com, the Jonas Brothers musician says the two will remain close.
RELATED: See more pics of Joe
The 20-year-old Joe says, "Demi and I knew going into our romantic relationship that it may not be an easy one. I realize over the time we have shared together that I feel I care more about our friendship right now. It was my choice to break up but I love her as a friend. She's been there for me when I needed her. I will continue to be her friend and be there for her."
Meanwhile, Demi took to her Twitter account to set the record straight about their breakup, writing, "I'd like to clear a few things up. First, Joe and I did split but it wasn't over the phone. Things didn't work out but we'll remain friends. Secondly, I am NOT dating anybody already. Nothing is more important to me than the relationship I have with my fans. Just thought you guys should know this."
RELATED: See more pics of Demi
Joe and the 17-year-old Demi first met while filming "Camp Rock" in 2007. They still plan to tour together this summer, beginning July 27 in Dallas.
More from ET: Jonas Brothers Groove to Beat Diabetes
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite