John Legend: Chrissy Teigen 'cried like a baby' after landing SI cover
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: @johnlegend/Twitter8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' halts production amid contract negotiationsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:27:00 AM
- Michael Andreen Named SVP, Production at Fox InternationalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:05:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC Tops Tuesday, 'Food Fighters' Rises From DebutMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:36:00 AM
- Richard Belzer's brother commits suicide - reportMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:20:50 AM
- APNewsBreak: Ventura passage to be cut from bookMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:12:08 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' halts production amid contract negotiations
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend have a lot to celebrate this Valentine's Day. It's their first one as husband and wife -- and Teigen just landed the coveted cover of Sports Illustrated's annual Swimsuit Issue, alongside fellow models Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge.
Legend, 35, appeared on "Good Morning America" on Friday, Feb. 14, to perform a special song for a couple of newlyweds. While there, he shared a few details about his wife's reaction to finding out about the cover, which commemorates the 50th anniversary of the bikini-filled issue.
"She cried like a baby. She was so excited," the singer told GMA's Robin Roberts. "You know, it was a surprise, because you never really know who's going to be on the cover. There are all these beautiful women."
He noted, too, that the cover is something Teigen has wanted for a long time. "She's been in the issue for several years now, and every year, it's been someone else," he said. "And this year it's her. We're very excited about it."
Teigen herself expressed her excitement on Twitter. "I mean, what else is there to say?" she wrote. "I just cannot believe it. What an honor. Never, ever, ever have [I] felt this kind of pure joy. Crazy crazy."
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHits and Misses
From Crowd Ignite