John Mayer Apologizes (Again) for Being "an A--hole"
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Sneaky 'Better Call Saul' Teaser Billboard Pops Up in Albuquerque (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Chernin Group, AT&T to Buy Controlling Stake in FullscreenMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:09:00 PM
- 'Justified' EP Taylor Elmore Signs Overall Deal With CBS Television StudiosMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:00:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Michelle Fairley to Rise Again on ABC's 'ResurMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 11:58:00 AM
- President Obama Returns to Los Angeles: All the Affected Street ClosuresMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Sneaky 'Better Call Saul' Teaser Billboard Pops Up in Albuquerque (Photo)
Weeks after his controversial Playboy interview (during which he used the N-word and referred to ex Jessica Simpson as sexual "crack cocaine"), John Mayer is continuing to insist he is a different person these days.
"I hate to come off like an a--hole ever, and thank you guys for believing that I am not an a--hole," the singer, 32, told the crowd at his sold-out Madison Square Garden show in NYC, according to MTV News. "Never, ever in my entire life did I ever think that it would be a good idea to be an a--hole. But you know what? There's plenty of a--holes who think the same thing, so I have to thank you."
He added, "It's a clean me now, people, clean me."
After his show, he thanked fans again via Twitter for braving a snow storm to see him live. "MSG crowd, will you tweet me when you get home safe? It's bad out," he wrote. "Oh and HOLY SHNIKES. You were unreal tonight."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite