Rob Dyrdek's mama thinks John Mayer is a "bad influence"
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/Pacific Coast News1 of 14
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: Carol Williams/Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 14
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News7 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' JonatMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Iggy Azalea Sues Her Ex-Boyfriend for Alleged Song Theft, ForgeryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Halle Berry, Kate Beckinsale Lead Relativity's Fall 2015 Release SlateMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:24:00 PM
- Another Comic Book Show? Fox Orders Pilot for DC Comics' LuciferMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Marvel Characters' Superpowers Are Perfect for Gaming, Says Disney Infinity 2.0 ExecMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 3:11:00 PM
- 'Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford, 'Desperate Housewives' Jonat
By Michelle Lanz
John Mayer, a troublemaker? It can't be!
OK! magazine reports that soft-voiced crooner John Mayer was called a "bad influence" by his friend Rob Dyrdek's mother after the pair pulled a prank on the paparazzi back in June.
If you're an avid celeb news reader, you'll remember back when paparazzi caught Mayer carrying a supposedly inebriated Dyrdek out of a Hollywood club. As much fun as it would be if he were actually wasted, the whole thing was a big prank the pair decided to pull on the swarm of flashing paparazzi cameras.
“My mother was so disappointed,” Dyrdek told OK!
Looks like Dyrdek's mom can't take a joke, or at least not one publicly broadcast in the tabloids.
"My mom knows that the paparazzi ain't chasing me, and that me going out with him and acting like I was drunk -- like he influenced me to be the guy getting carried out of the club," Dyrdek told OK! "She was like, 'John, how come you didn't get carried out of a club?'"
She has a point. Why wasn't it Mayer playing the drunken fool? It would have been a much better prank, and surely would have had more of an impact. Um, duh.
We're sure Mayer had to pull all 6'3" of his Connecticut charm to get back on Mama Dyrdek's good graces.
She couldn't stay mad at him for long, right? I mean, look at that face. *Le sigh.*
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite