John Mayer Sued Over Ponzi Scheme Money
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Katheryn Hudson/Instagram2 of 17
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America5 of 17
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Fame Pictures8 of 17
- Photo: WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: KB4/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: DOBN RMBI/GSI15 of 17
- Photo: NGRE/GSI16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
By Jon Warech
RELATED: John Mayer's Many Loves
Darren Berg, was sentenced to 18 years in prison for running a Ponzi scheme in Seattle, that stole $100 million from inverstors through his investment company. Trustees charged with recovering the lost money are trying to track down where those millions went, and according to new legal documents, one of the people who received dirty funds from Berg's Ponzi scheme is John Mayer -- when a booking agency was allegedly paid by Berg's company.
RELATED: John Mayer and Katy Perry still on?
Mayer's lawyer tells TMZ, "John Mayer performed at a corporate event in 2008 and was paid for his services. The opportunity was brought to John through his talent agency, CAA.”
RELATED: John Mayer cuts his long locks
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite