- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures4 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, More Celebs Leaked After Massive Phone HackMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Returns Deliver 'X Factor UK' Ratings BumpMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases New Statement, Celebs Tweet SupportMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Taylor Swift Joining NBC's 'The Voice' as Guest Mentor (Report)MSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:12:00 PM
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day Weekend
By Kat Giantis
Kim Kardashian recently said she'd "be down for some hookups" while filming her new reality show in New York. But did her free-spirited statement serve as a mating call for John "I Love the Smell of Sexual Napalm in the Morning" Mayer?
The New York Post says the fame-adoring pair recently enjoyed a night out in Manhattan.
"They brought along other friends," says a source, "but the idea was to see if they would hit it off."
And according to TMZ, they did indeed hit it off and have since gone out a few times one-on-one.
A Kim confidant shares that while it's "nothing serious" right now, the typically NFL-preferring knockout thinks Mayer is a "really cool guy."
Still, Kim would be wise to pick up a copy of Taylor Swift's soon-to-be-released CD, "Speak Now," before taking things to the next level with the self-described racist-private-parts-possessing crooner.
Earlier this year, the sweetie-pie, autobiographical-inclined popster raised eyebrows when she was repeatedly spotted in the company of Mayer, with whom she collaborated on his song "Half of My Heart."
RELATED: Top reasons not to date John Mayer
While the dating rumors were never confirmed, Swift, 20, has reignited speculation about their time together with her anguished tune "Dear John," which many believe is directed at Mayer, 33.
Among the lyrics: "Dear John ... I see it all now that you're gone/Don't you think I was too young to be messed with/The girl in the dress/Cried the whole way home/I should've known/It was wrong/Don't you think nineteen's too young/To be played by your dark, twisted games/When I loved you so."
Then there's this: "Maybe it's you and your sick need to give love and take it away ... You'll add my name to your long list of traitors/Who don't understand/And I'll look back in regret/I ignored what they said: 'Run as fast as you can.'"
RELATED: Taylor: 'Love is the one wild card'
Back in February, the National Enquirer maintained that Swift's mother had told Mayer to keep his Jennifer Aniston- and Jessica Simpson-tarnished mitts off her wholesome daughter.
"She said a friendship was fine," a source said at the time, "but there was no way he'd get close enough to Taylor to break her heart if she had anything to say about it."
That seems to add more weight to this line: "My mother accused me of losing my mind/But I swore I was fine."
Swift, who previously immortalized ex Joe Jonas in the song "Forever & Always" after he reportedly dumped her in a 27-second phone call, has tap-danced around questions about who inspired "Dear John."
"I will say everything in my music," she tells the new issue of People. "There's been extreme joy, extreme pain, extreme curveballs. Sometimes when things impact you so intensely, it takes writing a song to get over them."
And she insists that she's perfectly content to fly solo at the moment: "Being single is wonderful and I love it. I don't ever have a morning where I wake up and say, 'I really need to find a boyfriend today.'"
So, what do you think? Is Swift's song a teenager's brokenhearted lament about realizing she's just another conquest for a celebrity ladykiller? Tell us in the comments.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite