Jon Bon Jovi Opens 'Pay What You Can' Restaurant
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RM3/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jodi Summers Dorland/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Jodi Summers Dorland/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in George Clooney-Produced 'Our Brand Is Crisis' (MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:48:06 PM
- Tom Cruise Has a Painful 'Groundhog Day' in 'Edge of Tomorrow' TMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:24:59 PM
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas Special Trailer: Matt Smith's Goodbye (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:15:13 PM
- ABC Family Names Tom Ascheim as PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:13:56 PM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in George Clooney-Produced 'Our Brand Is Crisis' (
Rocker Jon Bon Jovi has opened a new restaurant in Red Bank, New Jersey called The JBJ Soul Kitchen, but what sets this restaurant apart from others is the fact that it will be a "pay what you can" establishment.
The items on the menu, which will specialize in healthy variations on classic soul food dishes, will not have any set prices. Diners can either pay a suggested donation or earn free meals by performing volunteer work in the community.
Speaking in an interview with New York Magazine's Grub Street Blog, Bon Jovi described what people can expect from the restaurant.
"Picture the coolest brasserie in your hometown, that's what this is," says Bon Jovi. "It's the hottest-looking restaurant in this town. We have to get rid of a few stigmas attached to the word volunteering and making a difference."
To find out more about Bon Jovi's new restaurant, visit their site here.
Related stories on ETonline.com:French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Has a Baby
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite