Tom Jones's Reps Deny Heart Scare Reports, Insist Singer Was Dehydrated
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Whitney Houston's Mother Is Upset Over Lifetime's Upcoming Biopic: "Let HMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:50:00 PM
- The Originals' Joseph Morgan Weds Persia WhiteMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:48:00 PM
- Comic Con: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Representatives for Tom Jones are playing down reports suggesting he suffered heart problems prior to a show in Monte Carlo, Monaco on Saturday, August 27, insisting instead that the veteran singer was simply dehydrated.
The 71-year-old Welsh crooner was forced to cancel a show at the Sporting Club on his doctor's advice, but the health scare had nothing to do with his heart.
A statement from the star's management reads, "This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour. This was the last date of a very successful three-month tour, where many of the shows were in locations that were in the throes of high summer heat. There are no heart problems, as has been reported in the press. He thanks everyone for their understanding and support, and hopes to see the fans in Monte Carlo again soon."
It appears the alarm over Jones's health problems may have been sparked by a tweet from theatrical producer David King, who wrote, "Tonight's concert at the Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, cancelled as Tom Jones admitted to hospital with a heart scare."
A representative from the Sporting Club says, "I received a call at 8:10 p.m. informing me that the event had been cancelled because Tom Jones had been taken to hospital."
RELATED: See the hottest celeb beach bodies
Jones isn't the only star who has been caught up in a bogus heart scare recently. U2 frontman Bono was forced to play down reports of a serious condition after he was hospitalized while on vacation in Monaco.
According to editors at RollingStone.com, the rocker had been admitted to Princess Grace hospital in Monaco on August 17. He was allegedly checked by a heart specialist and told to rest, before being released.
RELATED: Is neon the latest celeb trend?
But the frontman moved to quash the rumours, insisting he did attend the medical facility, but only for a planned routine check-up.
A rep for the star said, "Despite press stories to the contrary, Bono has not suffered a recent health scare. Reports of his being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment are untrue. Bono is in good health and enjoying a family holiday in the south of France."
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite