Jordin Sparks Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss at 'Sparkle' Premiere
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Shape/.3 of 12
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: NM3/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX9 of 12
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 12
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand JuryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Top 20 TV Ratings: NFL Dominates, 'Biggest Loser' and 'Hell's KiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:40:00 PM
- 'Royal Pains' Star Mark Feuerstein Joining 'Nurse Jackie's&aMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:02:00 PM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand Jury
Jordin Sparks didn't need an over-the-top sequined gown to shine at the "Sparkle" premiere in New York on Tuesday.
Instead, the film's star, 22, donned a minimalist, red peplum sheath (with matching patent leather stilettos) which showed off her incredible 50-pound weight loss.
At the Teen Choice Awards last month, Sparks opened up to Us Weekly about the key to her jaw-dropping body makeover, which she first debuted last spring.
"There is no secret," the Season Five "American Idol" champ shared. "It's just better eating and working out! It's definitely a daily thing."
One of her favorite ways to stay active? High-energy dance classes like Zumba.
"My mom's best friend is a Zumba instructor and I loved it," she gushed. "I started with walking then went to jogging and then Zumba." In addition to her cardio-heavy classes, "I started [working with a trainer] and we did 30 minutes of circuit training," Sparks says. "So I didn't feel like I needed to be in the gym for two hours."
Sparks' lifestyle changes have paid off big time -- this summer, the pop star landed the August cover of Shape, where she flaunted her slimdown in a barely-there bikini.
"I could only dream of having a cover and looking like that," she told Us. "I thought, 'I did it!' I had to walk back to my dressing room and ... pull myself together because I was overwhelmed. I cried. I shed a little tear."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite