Jordin Sparks Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss at 'Sparkle' Premiere
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Shape/.3 of 12
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: NM3/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX9 of 12
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 12
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Jordin Sparks didn't need an over-the-top sequined gown to shine at the "Sparkle" premiere in New York on Tuesday.
Instead, the film's star, 22, donned a minimalist, red peplum sheath (with matching patent leather stilettos) which showed off her incredible 50-pound weight loss.
At the Teen Choice Awards last month, Sparks opened up to Us Weekly about the key to her jaw-dropping body makeover, which she first debuted last spring.
"There is no secret," the Season Five "American Idol" champ shared. "It's just better eating and working out! It's definitely a daily thing."
One of her favorite ways to stay active? High-energy dance classes like Zumba.
"My mom's best friend is a Zumba instructor and I loved it," she gushed. "I started with walking then went to jogging and then Zumba." In addition to her cardio-heavy classes, "I started [working with a trainer] and we did 30 minutes of circuit training," Sparks says. "So I didn't feel like I needed to be in the gym for two hours."
Sparks' lifestyle changes have paid off big time -- this summer, the pop star landed the August cover of Shape, where she flaunted her slimdown in a barely-there bikini.
"I could only dream of having a cover and looking like that," she told Us. "I thought, 'I did it!' I had to walk back to my dressing room and ... pull myself together because I was overwhelmed. I cried. I shed a little tear."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite