Jordin Sparks Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss at 'Sparkle' Premiere
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Shape/.3 of 12
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: NM3/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX9 of 12
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital10 of 12
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Jordin Sparks didn't need an over-the-top sequined gown to shine at the "Sparkle" premiere in New York on Tuesday.
Instead, the film's star, 22, donned a minimalist, red peplum sheath (with matching patent leather stilettos) which showed off her incredible 50-pound weight loss.
At the Teen Choice Awards last month, Sparks opened up to Us Weekly about the key to her jaw-dropping body makeover, which she first debuted last spring.
"There is no secret," the Season Five "American Idol" champ shared. "It's just better eating and working out! It's definitely a daily thing."
One of her favorite ways to stay active? High-energy dance classes like Zumba.
"My mom's best friend is a Zumba instructor and I loved it," she gushed. "I started with walking then went to jogging and then Zumba." In addition to her cardio-heavy classes, "I started [working with a trainer] and we did 30 minutes of circuit training," Sparks says. "So I didn't feel like I needed to be in the gym for two hours."
Sparks' lifestyle changes have paid off big time -- this summer, the pop star landed the August cover of Shape, where she flaunted her slimdown in a barely-there bikini.
"I could only dream of having a cover and looking like that," she told Us. "I thought, 'I did it!' I had to walk back to my dressing room and ... pull myself together because I was overwhelmed. I cried. I shed a little tear."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite