Joss Stone feels sorry for the men who plotted to kill her
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: KPE/ZWP/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: MARK J TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: RM3/Rui M Leal/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Singer Joss Stone has spoken out about the terrifying plot to kidnap and murder her, insisting she feels sorry for the two men behind the evil plan.
Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool planned to snatch the British soul star from her mansion in England in June 2011 and steal her estimated $16 million fortune before beheading her and dumping her corpse in a river.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Their plot was foiled after neighbors spotted the pair acting suspiciously near the "You Had Me" singer's house and called police.
They were later found guilty of three counts of conspiracy to rob, murder and commit assault causing grievous bodily harm. Bradshaw and Liverpool were sentenced to 18 years and life in prison respectively, but instead of being angry, Stone insists she feels sorry for the men and their parents.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
She tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "There was a big part of me that felt sorry for them, sorry for their mums. I kept thinking, 'What drives people to do something so awful as this?'
"How do you get to a point in your life where things are so bad, so confused that this seems like the right thing to do? I thought about their mums, how they must feel... They still have to love their sons, that's the hardest part for me."
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
The star came face to face with her would-be murderers when they were sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in England earlier this year and she says she would have liked to speak to them: "I did actually want to ask them why. Was it because of me? Was it because I sang a song they hated? Was it because of something I did?"
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite