Joss Stone feels sorry for the men who plotted to kill her
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: KPE/ZWP/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: MARK J TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: RM3/Rui M Leal/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Singer Joss Stone has spoken out about the terrifying plot to kidnap and murder her, insisting she feels sorry for the two men behind the evil plan.
Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool planned to snatch the British soul star from her mansion in England in June 2011 and steal her estimated $16 million fortune before beheading her and dumping her corpse in a river.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Their plot was foiled after neighbors spotted the pair acting suspiciously near the "You Had Me" singer's house and called police.
They were later found guilty of three counts of conspiracy to rob, murder and commit assault causing grievous bodily harm. Bradshaw and Liverpool were sentenced to 18 years and life in prison respectively, but instead of being angry, Stone insists she feels sorry for the men and their parents.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
She tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "There was a big part of me that felt sorry for them, sorry for their mums. I kept thinking, 'What drives people to do something so awful as this?'
"How do you get to a point in your life where things are so bad, so confused that this seems like the right thing to do? I thought about their mums, how they must feel... They still have to love their sons, that's the hardest part for me."
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
The star came face to face with her would-be murderers when they were sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in England earlier this year and she says she would have liked to speak to them: "I did actually want to ask them why. Was it because of me? Was it because I sang a song they hated? Was it because of something I did?"
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite