Joss Stone feels sorry for the men who plotted to kill her
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: KPE/ZWP/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: MARK J TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: RM3/Rui M Leal/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:16:17 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Season 4 Soars Over Last Season DebutMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:52 AM
- George Clooney Voices Support of Ukrainian Protestors, Boxing Champs Via Cell Phone (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:44 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'
Singer Joss Stone has spoken out about the terrifying plot to kidnap and murder her, insisting she feels sorry for the two men behind the evil plan.
Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool planned to snatch the British soul star from her mansion in England in June 2011 and steal her estimated $16 million fortune before beheading her and dumping her corpse in a river.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Their plot was foiled after neighbors spotted the pair acting suspiciously near the "You Had Me" singer's house and called police.
They were later found guilty of three counts of conspiracy to rob, murder and commit assault causing grievous bodily harm. Bradshaw and Liverpool were sentenced to 18 years and life in prison respectively, but instead of being angry, Stone insists she feels sorry for the men and their parents.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
She tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "There was a big part of me that felt sorry for them, sorry for their mums. I kept thinking, 'What drives people to do something so awful as this?'
"How do you get to a point in your life where things are so bad, so confused that this seems like the right thing to do? I thought about their mums, how they must feel... They still have to love their sons, that's the hardest part for me."
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
The star came face to face with her would-be murderers when they were sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in England earlier this year and she says she would have liked to speak to them: "I did actually want to ask them why. Was it because of me? Was it because I sang a song they hated? Was it because of something I did?"
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite