Judge ends case against Britney Spears' parents
- Photo: JTBD/GSI1 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter6 of 15
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN7 of 15
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin9 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks12 of 15
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:47:30 AM
- New York Times Journalist Mocked on Twitter After Las Vegas Sun Scoops PaperMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:05:09 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has dismissed a case by Britney Spears' former confidante that accused the singer's mother of libeling him and accused Spears' caretakers of failing to pay him a portion of her fortune.
RELATED: Britney Spears 'X Factor' style
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Suzanne Bruguera ruled Thursday that an attorney for Sam Lutfi hadn't proven any of his claims in a case that centered on events before the singer's public meltdown more than four years ago.
Lutfi's side rested its case Tuesday, but Bruguera agreed with arguments by attorneys for Spears' father and her conservators that there wasn't sufficient evidence to send the claims to a jury.
Lutfi had sued Lynne Spears for libel, the singer's father, Jamie, for allegedly hitting him, and her conservators for a 15 percent share of singer's earnings.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite