Judge grants Miley Cyrus civil restraining order
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 25
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 25
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 25
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter6 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 25
- Photo: James Breeden/Louise Barnsley/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 25
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 25
- Photo: St. Clair/Macca/Splash News13 of 25
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: RIV/Fame Pictures15 of 25
- Photo: Chris Daniels/Retna Ltd.16 of 25
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks17 of 25
- Photo: KADENA PIX/Bauer-Griffin18 of 25
- Photo: Scott Brinegar/Invision/AP19 of 25
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP21 of 25
- Photo: Kelly A. Swift/Retna Ltd.22 of 25
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.23 of 25
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Tribeca: Patrick Stewart and Mary Elizabeth Winstead Steal the Show on Night 3MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:36:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Accuser's Lawyer Says More Sex Abuse Lawsuits Against 'Hollywood InsiMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:39:00 PM
- Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew 'American Idol' Contract, but NBCU and E! Future UncertMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:14:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Tribeca: Patrick Stewart and Mary Elizabeth Winstead Steal the Show on Night 3
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has granted Miley Cyrus a three-year civil restraining order against a man who was convicted last month of trespassing at her home in Los Angeles.
The stay-away order was granted Friday against Jason Luis Rivera by Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart.
The 40-year-old Rivera was convicted in October of trespassing at the singer's home and sentenced to 18 months in jail.
He is scheduled to be released in May. Authorities said at the time of Rivera's arrest in September that he was carrying scissors and ran into the wall of Cyrus' home as if trying to break in.
Rivera did not respond to Cyrus' petition.
The 20-year-old former star of "Hannah Montana" did not attend the hearing. Her attorney Bryan Sullivan declined comment.
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite