Jurors in Spears trial say evidence was weak
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 20
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks3 of 20
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital4 of 20
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG6 of 20
- Photo: JTBD/GSI7 of 20
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter8 of 20
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 20
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA10 of 20
- Photo: Lucky/.11 of 20
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter14 of 20
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: Elizabeth Arden/Promotional17 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: CPG/DH4/LBG/ZOJ/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- 'Captain America' Crushes Johnny Depp, Holds Off 'Heaven Is for Real&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:28:00 AM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Jurors who heard libel and breach of contract claims by Britney Spears' ex-confidante said they were unimpressed by his case and agreed with a judge's ruling to dismiss his case mid-trial.
Thursday's ruling by Superior Court Judge Suzanne Bruguera was also praised by attorneys for Spears' family and her conservators, who said it was the right result after years of legal fights with Sam Lutfi, who claimed he was the singer's manager and entitled to a share of her fortune.
RELATED: Check out Britney's 'X Factor' style
"It was a very weak case," said Veronica Jones, one of the jurors who spoke to reporters after being released from service Friday morning. "I wasn't convinced that he had a real case, a real strong case. I kept wondering how it got this far."
Jones' comments were echoed by other jurors who sat through more than a week's worth of testimony. Lutfi sued Spears' conservators, claiming he had a valid agreement to serve as her manager. He also sued the singer's mother, Lynne Spears, for libel, and her father for hitting him during a confrontation toward the end of her public meltdown in early 2008.
Fellow juror LaJuan Collins said she felt there was a lack of evidence and that the case Lutfi presented seemed "inconsistent each day."
Lynne Spears, who was sued over passages in her book that described Lutfi as a Svengali who used paparazzi as his henchmen, said her daughter was pleased with the outcome. "She's so excited that justice has prevailed," Lynne Spears said.
RELATED: Surprising celeb couples
The singer's father, Jamie Spears, has served as her conservator of her personal affairs since February 2008, and was joined earlier this year by her fiancé, Jason Trawick, who now serves as co-conservator.
"Finally, it's over. The system worked," said Andrew Wallet, an attorney who serves as co-conservator over Britney Spears' estate. "The truth came out," he said, adding that the trial definitively showed that Lutfi never served as Spears' manager.
Jones agreed, saying Lutfi's actions didn't demonstrate work that a manager would have to perform.
She said she sympathized with Spears' mother, who sat through the trial as photos and videos of the singer's erratic behavior were shown and Lutfi's attorney repeatedly described her as a drug addict.
Colins said she also empathized with Britney Spears, who didn't attend the trial, and her parents. "This could be any family," she said. "I feel they did the right thing. They were trying to save their daughter."
Jones, a worker for the city of Pasadena, said the case demonstrated for her the high price of fame, and how she wouldn't want her family to go through similar troubles.
"I would rather go to work every day than have my daughter go through all that," Jones said.
RELATED: Celebs who hook up with the help
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite