Courtney Love trial: Jury sides with singer over tweet
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: INB/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: BEImages/.3 of 7
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A jury says Courtney Love did not defame one of her former lawyers in a 2010 Twitter post.
Friday's verdict comes after an eight-day trial that centered on Love's statements against San Diego-based lawyer Rhonda Holmes.
Love hired Holmes to pursue a case against the estate of her late husband, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. The case was never filed and Holmes said Love fired her.
The singer's tweet suggested that Holmes had been "bought off."
Attorneys for Love maintained that the Hole singer meant for the post to be a private message and few people saw it.
Holmes' lawyers sought $8 million in damages.
Love attended and testified at the trial but was not present when the verdict was read.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite