Justin Bieber asks New York police to leave fans alone
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Tertius Pickard/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: ANG/Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Embattled pop superstar Justin Bieber had to ask New York police to back down on Monday after they attempted to keep a throng of fans from mobbing him outside his hotel.
Devotees gathered outside the "Baby" hit-maker's Manhattan hotel early on Monday, despite heavy snowfall, in the hopes of catching a glimpse of their pop idol, and cops showed up on the scene to keep the crowd under control.
The excited fans surged forward the moment Bieber appeared outside, prompting officers to step up their efforts in order to keep them from grabbing at the singer.
However, the 19-year-old decided to spend some time with his followers in the cold and instead had a word with cops so he could hold an impromptu meet and greet.
An eye witness tells GossipCop.com, "A couple of cops were trying to stop the fans from going near him and pushing them back. [Bieber] approached and defended the fans... [He[ calmed the cops down and took pics (sic) with the kids."
Bieber later took to his Twitter page and wrote, "dear cops. my beliebers wont hurt me. all is ok."
The singer was in the New York area to attend the Super Bowl festivities in the lead up to the big game on Sunday, but he was reportedly turned away from at least four exclusive parties in the early hours of Sunday because club bosses feared he would spark trouble. He was eventually allowed in to the Leather & Laces bash thrown by models Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima.
He arrived on the East Coast on Friday afternoon, and even his landing at a New Jersey airport caused controversy -- authorities conducted a search of the plane after suspecting there was marijuana on board. No contraband was found and the star was subsequently allowed to go on his way.
It followed a string of legal woes for the youngster, who was arrested for driving under the influence, resisting arrest without violence and driving without a valid license in Miami, Fla., last month. He is due in court to face those charges on Feb. 14, while he is also due in a Canadian court in March to face claims he assaulted a limousine driver in December.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite