Justin Bieber defends fashion choice for meeting with Canadian Prime Minister
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com7 of 13
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: AGNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Justin Bieber has been forced to defend his choice of clothing for a meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister on Friday after critics took aim at him for wearing overalls.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's awkward smooch
The singer was honored for his career success with a Diamond Jubilee medal, created to mark the 60th anniversary of Commonwealth sovereign Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne.
He was presented with the award in a room at the Scotiabank Place sports arena in Ontario, where he was due to perform later that night.
Bieber poked fun at his casual attire in a post on Twitter, writing, "I met the Prime Minister in overalls lol," but many online followers did not see the funny side of his message and accused the pop star of being disrespectful towards Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who had worn a suit to the ceremony.
RELATED: Exclusive photos of Justin Bieber
One blogger on Gawker dubbed Bieber the "White Trash Prince" for his lack of formal attire, but Bieber has now hit back at his critics, insisting he would have dressed more appropriately had the presentation taken place elsewhere.
In a series of tweets, he writes, "The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet (with fans) to him, if you ... expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan (sic) a suit at that specific time that's crazy. It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash."
Harper didn't consider the pop star's attire to be disrespectful. He took to his Twitter page and joked, "In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too."
RELATED: Justin and Selena's big fight
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite