Justin Bieber defends fashion choice for meeting with Canadian Prime Minister
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com7 of 13
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: AGNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Justin Bieber has been forced to defend his choice of clothing for a meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister on Friday after critics took aim at him for wearing overalls.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's awkward smooch
The singer was honored for his career success with a Diamond Jubilee medal, created to mark the 60th anniversary of Commonwealth sovereign Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne.
He was presented with the award in a room at the Scotiabank Place sports arena in Ontario, where he was due to perform later that night.
Bieber poked fun at his casual attire in a post on Twitter, writing, "I met the Prime Minister in overalls lol," but many online followers did not see the funny side of his message and accused the pop star of being disrespectful towards Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who had worn a suit to the ceremony.
RELATED: Exclusive photos of Justin Bieber
One blogger on Gawker dubbed Bieber the "White Trash Prince" for his lack of formal attire, but Bieber has now hit back at his critics, insisting he would have dressed more appropriately had the presentation taken place elsewhere.
In a series of tweets, he writes, "The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet (with fans) to him, if you ... expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan (sic) a suit at that specific time that's crazy. It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash."
Harper didn't consider the pop star's attire to be disrespectful. He took to his Twitter page and joked, "In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too."
RELATED: Justin and Selena's big fight
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite