Justin Bieber defends fashion choice for meeting with Canadian Prime Minister
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com7 of 13
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America8 of 13
- Photo: AGNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Justin Bieber has been forced to defend his choice of clothing for a meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister on Friday after critics took aim at him for wearing overalls.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's awkward smooch
The singer was honored for his career success with a Diamond Jubilee medal, created to mark the 60th anniversary of Commonwealth sovereign Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne.
He was presented with the award in a room at the Scotiabank Place sports arena in Ontario, where he was due to perform later that night.
Bieber poked fun at his casual attire in a post on Twitter, writing, "I met the Prime Minister in overalls lol," but many online followers did not see the funny side of his message and accused the pop star of being disrespectful towards Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who had worn a suit to the ceremony.
RELATED: Exclusive photos of Justin Bieber
One blogger on Gawker dubbed Bieber the "White Trash Prince" for his lack of formal attire, but Bieber has now hit back at his critics, insisting he would have dressed more appropriately had the presentation taken place elsewhere.
In a series of tweets, he writes, "The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet (with fans) to him, if you ... expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan (sic) a suit at that specific time that's crazy. It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash."
Harper didn't consider the pop star's attire to be disrespectful. He took to his Twitter page and joked, "In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too."
RELATED: Justin and Selena's big fight
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite