Justin Bieber Defends Himself On Twitter: 'Don't Believe Rumors'
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Uncredited/AP2 of 14
- Photo: WCP/Javiles/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Instagram6 of 14
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram7 of 14
- Photo: Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: .9 of 14
- Photo: WCP/4CRNS/Fame Flynet10 of 14
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 14
- Photo: Miami Beach Police Department/AP12 of 14
- Photo: .13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Pop singer Justin Bieber, who was recently accused of attempted robbery, has taken to Twitter to defend himself and his character.
The 20-year-old "Never Say Never" singer had been silent about the accusations, which were made by a woman who claimed Bieber had attempted to forcibly take her phone at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park, in the San Fernando Valley, before eventually returning it.
The pop megastar spoke directly to his nearly 52 million Twitter followers, where he denied the rumors of the alleged crime, and explained the challenges of defending himself from gossip on a daily basis.
Bieber argued that the claims made by the woman are false, and that he is a good person. He also thanked his fans and those who stood by him in trying times.
Bieber concluded the series of tweets by assuring everyone that he is going to be able to deal with the new legal drama, and assures is fans that he has "thick skin" and "can handle it."
News broke Tuesday evening that Bieber had been accused of attempted robbery, and that the claims were being investigated by the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division. The police conducted an interview with the woman who made the accusation, but no arrest has been made and Bieber is not in police custody.
The incident allegedly occurred Monday evening at approximately at 10:30pm, however police did not receive a complaint until Tuesday. The LAPD has not officially released any additional information.
This is one of a number of legal encounters Bieber has faced recently, including an arrest in January for driving under the influence in Miami, as well as being charged with assault for allegedly hitting his limo driver in Toronto, and being accused of felony vandalism for allegedly egging his neighbor's house.
ET will continue to follow this story as it develops.
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDesigner Duds
From Crowd Ignite