Justin Bieber Defends Himself On Twitter: 'Don't Believe Rumors'
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Uncredited/AP2 of 14
- Photo: WCP/Javiles/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Instagram6 of 14
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram7 of 14
- Photo: Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: .9 of 14
- Photo: WCP/4CRNS/Fame Flynet10 of 14
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 14
- Photo: Miami Beach Police Department/AP12 of 14
- Photo: .13 of 14
More Celeb News
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Universal's Kevin Grayson to Head Film Distribution at Robert Simonds' New CompanyMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Gary Oldman Will Produce 'Deep Web' Series for Spike TVMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:17:00 AM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's Museum
Pop singer Justin Bieber, who was recently accused of attempted robbery, has taken to Twitter to defend himself and his character.
The 20-year-old "Never Say Never" singer had been silent about the accusations, which were made by a woman who claimed Bieber had attempted to forcibly take her phone at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park, in the San Fernando Valley, before eventually returning it.
The pop megastar spoke directly to his nearly 52 million Twitter followers, where he denied the rumors of the alleged crime, and explained the challenges of defending himself from gossip on a daily basis.
Bieber argued that the claims made by the woman are false, and that he is a good person. He also thanked his fans and those who stood by him in trying times.
Bieber concluded the series of tweets by assuring everyone that he is going to be able to deal with the new legal drama, and assures is fans that he has "thick skin" and "can handle it."
News broke Tuesday evening that Bieber had been accused of attempted robbery, and that the claims were being investigated by the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division. The police conducted an interview with the woman who made the accusation, but no arrest has been made and Bieber is not in police custody.
The incident allegedly occurred Monday evening at approximately at 10:30pm, however police did not receive a complaint until Tuesday. The LAPD has not officially released any additional information.
This is one of a number of legal encounters Bieber has faced recently, including an arrest in January for driving under the influence in Miami, as well as being charged with assault for allegedly hitting his limo driver in Toronto, and being accused of felony vandalism for allegedly egging his neighbor's house.
ET will continue to follow this story as it develops.
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby's Here!
From Crowd Ignite