Justin Bieber Defends Himself On Twitter: 'Don't Believe Rumors'
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Uncredited/AP2 of 14
- Photo: WCP/Javiles/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Instagram4 of 14
- Photo: Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Instagram6 of 14
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram7 of 14
- Photo: Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: .9 of 14
- Photo: WCP/4CRNS/Fame Flynet10 of 14
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 14
- Photo: Miami Beach Police Department/AP12 of 14
- Photo: .13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Pop singer Justin Bieber, who was recently accused of attempted robbery, has taken to Twitter to defend himself and his character.
The 20-year-old "Never Say Never" singer had been silent about the accusations, which were made by a woman who claimed Bieber had attempted to forcibly take her phone at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park, in the San Fernando Valley, before eventually returning it.
The pop megastar spoke directly to his nearly 52 million Twitter followers, where he denied the rumors of the alleged crime, and explained the challenges of defending himself from gossip on a daily basis.
Bieber argued that the claims made by the woman are false, and that he is a good person. He also thanked his fans and those who stood by him in trying times.
Bieber concluded the series of tweets by assuring everyone that he is going to be able to deal with the new legal drama, and assures is fans that he has "thick skin" and "can handle it."
News broke Tuesday evening that Bieber had been accused of attempted robbery, and that the claims were being investigated by the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division. The police conducted an interview with the woman who made the accusation, but no arrest has been made and Bieber is not in police custody.
The incident allegedly occurred Monday evening at approximately at 10:30pm, however police did not receive a complaint until Tuesday. The LAPD has not officially released any additional information.
This is one of a number of legal encounters Bieber has faced recently, including an arrest in January for driving under the influence in Miami, as well as being charged with assault for allegedly hitting his limo driver in Toronto, and being accused of felony vandalism for allegedly egging his neighbor's house.
ET will continue to follow this story as it develops.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite