Justin Bieber Speaks Out Amid Marijuana Controversy: I'm 'Trying to Be Better'
- Photo: AMANDA SCHWAB/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: @JustinBieber/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/.4 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Veda Jo Jenkins/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram7 of 16
- Photo: @Justinbieber/Instagram8 of 16
- Photo: JXC/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: RR5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Justin Bieber is taking the high road.
After TMZ posted pictures of him smoking what appears to be marijuana, the "Beauty and the Beat" singer took to Twitter to address his millions of fans.
"Everyday growing and learning. Trying to be better. U get knocked down, u get up," the 18-year-old pop star wrote on the micro-blogging site Jan. 5. "I see all of u. I hear all of u. I never want to let any of you down. I love u."
Bieber didn't address the pot-smoking pics directly, but he did allude to facing "new challenges" and "new doubters."
"I'm ready. We are ready. See u all tomorrow and everyday after that," he tweeted. "Back on tour tomorrow. Ready to see u all smile. Time to do what I'm supposed to be doing. Performing."
It's been an interesting week for the teen idol, to say the least. Earlier, a paparazzo was killed while trying to photograph the singer's Ferrari in Los Angeles. Bieber was not in the vehicle at the time but expressed his condolences for the photographer's loved ones in a statement.
"While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident," he said, "my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Justin Bieber Speaks Out Amid Marijuana Controversy: I'm "Trying to Be Better"
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite