Justin Bieber Speaks Out Amid Marijuana Controversy: I'm 'Trying to Be Better'
- Photo: AMANDA SCHWAB/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: @JustinBieber/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/.4 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Veda Jo Jenkins/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram7 of 16
- Photo: @Justinbieber/Instagram8 of 16
- Photo: JXC/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: RR5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Justin Bieber is taking the high road.
After TMZ posted pictures of him smoking what appears to be marijuana, the "Beauty and the Beat" singer took to Twitter to address his millions of fans.
"Everyday growing and learning. Trying to be better. U get knocked down, u get up," the 18-year-old pop star wrote on the micro-blogging site Jan. 5. "I see all of u. I hear all of u. I never want to let any of you down. I love u."
Bieber didn't address the pot-smoking pics directly, but he did allude to facing "new challenges" and "new doubters."
"I'm ready. We are ready. See u all tomorrow and everyday after that," he tweeted. "Back on tour tomorrow. Ready to see u all smile. Time to do what I'm supposed to be doing. Performing."
It's been an interesting week for the teen idol, to say the least. Earlier, a paparazzo was killed while trying to photograph the singer's Ferrari in Los Angeles. Bieber was not in the vehicle at the time but expressed his condolences for the photographer's loved ones in a statement.
"While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident," he said, "my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Justin Bieber Speaks Out Amid Marijuana Controversy: I'm "Trying to Be Better"
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Ben's Big Night
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar -- and joins Instagram! -- and more celeb news on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian talks about Kim's wedding. Will Mason be the ring bearer?Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite