Justin Bieber's mother: 'It's hard to not be able to control everything'
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: TMZ/.4 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 12
- Photo: REX Features/.6 of 12
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram8 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram10 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Justin Bieber's mother is adamant she has no control over her son's bad-boy behavior as he doesn't want her around if she tries to crack down on his antics.
RELATED: Hollywood's mama's boys
The "Baby" star's legal problems have made him a regular in the headlines over the past few months -- he has been accused of spitting in the face of a neighbor who asked the Biebs to stop speeding around his California gated community in a Ferrari, while police in New York recently launched an investigation over claims his entourage was involved in a nightclub brawl.
RELATED: Selena Gomez's sexy single gal style
The teenager is now living away from his mother, Pattie Mallette, who no longer travels with her son on tour, and she insists she has to give the young star space.
Mallette tries to speak to the 19-year-old on the phone as much as possible, but fears they will fall out if she attempts to address his personal problems.
She tells People.com: "When your kids hit a certain age your parenting style changes and it is hard letting go ... I've had to let him go a little bit and let him be independent. It is hard to not be able to control everything that your adult child does ... I text and call him every day. I definitely want to know everything that he is doing and what he is going through, so I try to talk to him as much as he'll let me. I mean, he's on tour and being pulled in a million different directions, but we talk as much as he is able ...
"A lot of people might think that I have my head in the sand or that I am oblivious to the things my son is doing. I know who my son is and I don't always agree with every single thing that he does, but I don't necessarily have to address that with everyone else.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's changing hair
"He's my son and I have to respect he is not going to want me going around being 'that mom,' talking about his behavior"
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite