Justin Bieber's mother: 'It's hard to not be able to control everything'
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: TMZ/.4 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 12
- Photo: REX Features/.6 of 12
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram8 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram10 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Justin Bieber's mother is adamant she has no control over her son's bad-boy behavior as he doesn't want her around if she tries to crack down on his antics.
RELATED: Hollywood's mama's boys
The "Baby" star's legal problems have made him a regular in the headlines over the past few months -- he has been accused of spitting in the face of a neighbor who asked the Biebs to stop speeding around his California gated community in a Ferrari, while police in New York recently launched an investigation over claims his entourage was involved in a nightclub brawl.
RELATED: Selena Gomez's sexy single gal style
The teenager is now living away from his mother, Pattie Mallette, who no longer travels with her son on tour, and she insists she has to give the young star space.
Mallette tries to speak to the 19-year-old on the phone as much as possible, but fears they will fall out if she attempts to address his personal problems.
She tells People.com: "When your kids hit a certain age your parenting style changes and it is hard letting go ... I've had to let him go a little bit and let him be independent. It is hard to not be able to control everything that your adult child does ... I text and call him every day. I definitely want to know everything that he is doing and what he is going through, so I try to talk to him as much as he'll let me. I mean, he's on tour and being pulled in a million different directions, but we talk as much as he is able ...
"A lot of people might think that I have my head in the sand or that I am oblivious to the things my son is doing. I know who my son is and I don't always agree with every single thing that he does, but I don't necessarily have to address that with everyone else.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's changing hair
"He's my son and I have to respect he is not going to want me going around being 'that mom,' talking about his behavior"
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite