Justin Bieber's mother: 'It's hard to not be able to control everything'
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: justinbieber/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: TMZ/.4 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 12
- Photo: REX Features/.6 of 12
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram8 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram10 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Tells Female Voters to Dig the GOP 'Sausage Fest' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:24:44 AM
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reveals First Look at Variety Show 'HitRecord on TV' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:15:10 AM
- Could it be the year newcomers dominate Grammys?MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:55:51 AM
- Richard Branson: Nelson Mandela's Secret Attempt to Prevent the Iraq War (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:52:31 AM
- Iconic Saratoga Springs, NY, restaurant for saleMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:14:01 AM
- Stephen Colbert Tells Female Voters to Dig the GOP 'Sausage Fest' (Video)
Justin Bieber's mother is adamant she has no control over her son's bad-boy behavior as he doesn't want her around if she tries to crack down on his antics.
RELATED: Hollywood's mama's boys
The "Baby" star's legal problems have made him a regular in the headlines over the past few months -- he has been accused of spitting in the face of a neighbor who asked the Biebs to stop speeding around his California gated community in a Ferrari, while police in New York recently launched an investigation over claims his entourage was involved in a nightclub brawl.
RELATED: Selena Gomez's sexy single gal style
The teenager is now living away from his mother, Pattie Mallette, who no longer travels with her son on tour, and she insists she has to give the young star space.
Mallette tries to speak to the 19-year-old on the phone as much as possible, but fears they will fall out if she attempts to address his personal problems.
She tells People.com: "When your kids hit a certain age your parenting style changes and it is hard letting go ... I've had to let him go a little bit and let him be independent. It is hard to not be able to control everything that your adult child does ... I text and call him every day. I definitely want to know everything that he is doing and what he is going through, so I try to talk to him as much as he'll let me. I mean, he's on tour and being pulled in a million different directions, but we talk as much as he is able ...
"A lot of people might think that I have my head in the sand or that I am oblivious to the things my son is doing. I know who my son is and I don't always agree with every single thing that he does, but I don't necessarily have to address that with everyone else.
RELATED: Justin Bieber's changing hair
"He's my son and I have to respect he is not going to want me going around being 'that mom,' talking about his behavior"
Get out the vote
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite